Question Regarding Formal Attire

HappyHygienist

While I do love formal night on a cruise, I have always packed a gown. In general, I always OVER pack for a cruise. In an effort to cut down this time for our upcoming cruise, I would like to know if a dressy pantsuit is acceptable for formal night. It is a totally packable, non wrinkling pantsuit that is easily dressed up. It has been so long since we have cruised that I don't know if this is acceptable.

Thanks for any info you could share!

A dressy pantsuit is perfectly acceptable, in fact I think you will be amazed how many women you see in dressy pants and a dressy top on formal nights.

Cruise wardrobles have changed quite a bit over past few years, specially for those of us who fly to our embarkation ports. I normally pack one pair of dressy pants and a couple of light weight dressy tops to get me through the two dressier dinner options on the cruise.

Dianne

While I do love formal night on a cruise, I have always packed a gown. In general, I always OVER pack for a cruise. In an effort to cut down this time for our upcoming cruise, I would like to know if a dressy pantsuit is acceptable for formal night. It is a totally packable, non wrinkling pantsuit that is easily dressed up. It has been so long since we have cruised that I don't know if this is acceptable.

Thanks for any info you could share!

Absolutely.....cruise wear has changed.......I used to always wear a tux when we first started cruising but now...........dress slacks and a nice shirt

Yes, yes, yes I do!!!!!!! I love cruise critic people!

And Framerman, that was exactly what I was about to ask next. How'd you know?

Hubby has dressy shirts with the "no tie" needed neckline. (sort of a peter pan neck collar) I'm hoping a couple of those and dress slacks is all he will need.

Yes, yes, yes I do!!!!!!! I love cruise critic people!

And Framerman, that was exactly what I was about to ask next. How'd you know?

Hubby has dressy shirts with the "no tie" needed neckline. (sort of a peter pan neck collar) I'm hoping a couple of those and dress slacks is all he will need.

DH always packs one long sleeved dress shirt, a pair of light weight gray slacks, a blue blazer and a couple of ties for elegant nights. Sometimes he wears the blazer, sometimes not.

Dianne

On Freedom in Oct. we saw everything from black slacks and sparkly tanks to ball gowns. My Mom wore a dressy pantsuit the rest of us ladies wore cocktail dresses and the young guys wore dress shirts and ties. the older gentlemen wore jackets. There were also several men and women in fantastic elaborate African outfits.

You will see the young ladies with their Prom Dresses...It gives tham another opportunity to wear them and they always look so very nice. Since it has been many years since my Prom I usually wear a nice pants outfit & dress it up.

Oh how I wish I could still fit into my prom dress. On second thought, I wish I knew where my prom dress went over the years. :)

Elegant night/formal night on any ship gives pax a time towear those prom dresses or other formal wear or give pax an opporunity to dress in less formal wear but still feel good about stepping out in something better than casual wear for the evening.

Dianne

Archived