Lobster Alive - few questions

lucyjlou

Hi There, we plan to go here for the day on our Victory cruise in Feb. We are 2 couples (30's and 50's) and our DD who will be 2yrs old. We are choosing this over boatyard because it is more relaxing, quiet and not so busy. We would like a quiet, calm beach where our 2yr old can play safely without a large crowd.

We plan to take the taxi from the ship to the beach at Lobster Alive.

I understand it is 5-10 min and then $3-$5 pp each way.

Here are my questions:

1) if I take her carseat can i use it in the taxi? What about the little booster ones that are just a seat with arms, no backs? Would that work, are there seatbelts? I am not sure how to handle this....is the ride so short that it may be okay not to bring it? I want her to be safe, but if I can't use it, don't want to lug it.

2) is there shopping nearby the lobster alive beach that we could walk too? how far is it? Is it better than just shopping at the center by the ship? Would you suggest bringing a stroller for the shopping area? If so, we would have to take it to the beach as well? Is it better to go to beach, then back to ship, drop off beach gear, eat lunch maybe and then grab stroller and do shopping by ship?

3) besides $70 lobster, is there food at lobster alive to buy? What about restrooms, changing areas, etc? We will eat breakfast, but plan to get there early to get spot before too crowded. Is there some places close to eat if we weren't ready to go back, but were hungry?

THanks so much!!!!

Archived