Bath on board for 2yr old

lucyjlou

We have taken many cruises, but never with our DD. SHe will be 2yrs old. She is too big for the inflatable duck tub, how in the heck do you bathe a 2yr old on board? She has never really taken a shower...how would you keep the water from getting in her face and eyes? Any advice on how to do this, or what to bring to make it easier is appreciated!

Start getting them used to the shower now....many ships have showerheads that can be hand-held...so the child isn't under an unending stream of water. I guess you could also do a "sponge bath" sort of thing in the shower...you could bring a small tub (like those plastic things hospitals give you...it could fit in the suitcase with stuff packed into it). But, the easiest way would be to start getting your child used to a shower in advance! Or, book a room with a tub!

I was worried about the same thing when I cruised with my 2 year old. When she was 1, it was easy...we just filled up a small pool in the shower. This time we actually wound up getting a bigger room that had a bathtub. It worked out great. Not sure how I would've done the shower thing with her either.

Good luck and happy cruising!:)

Archived