So that wasn't a trash bin?

nettenico

Just back off of the Epic and now i'm reading posts where folks are commenting on how small the trash bins are. Most days, I used the "sliding bin" (located just under the sink area) to deposit my trash. I did see the very small can in the bathroom, but I thought that the other bin under the sink was for garbage as well. Now I'm mortified that I was using this compartment incorrectly (my poor cabin steward)! I've been on 20+ cruises and travel quite frequently...not once before have I had trouble identifying trash receptacles :o

Just curious.....does anyone know what that bin was for if not trash? :confused:

I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed about because we too used it as a trash bin until we were told it was for our dirty towels about half way through our cruise. I'm sure the room stewards are used to people using them for trash. :D

Since they didn't come with instructions, don't feel bad. We used the larger plastic tub for our OWN dirty laundry (not towels), and the metal canister for garbage. I also have heard of people using this tub for ice and drinks :)

Just back off of the Epic and now i'm reading posts where folks are commenting on how small the trash bins are. Most days, I used the "sliding bin" (located just under the sink area) to deposit my trash. I did see the very small can in the bathroom, but I thought that the other bin under the sink was for garbage as well. Now I'm mortified that I was using this compartment incorrectly (my poor cabin steward)! I've been on 20+ cruises and travel quite frequently...not once before have I had trouble identifying trash receptacles :o

Just curious.....does anyone know what that bin was for if not trash? :confused:

No worries ... on embarkation day ... our cabin steward told us we could use it for trash or wet towels :)

The little bin in the drawer is just like the bins in the ladies room for "those" items. The fact that you would have to touch it to open the lid was a no go for me. I stuck with the step on in the toidy. As far as using the drawer for icing drinks? Eegads, think about how it has been used in the past! :eek:

As far as using the drawer for icing drinks? Eegads, think about how it has been used in the past! :eek:

I see your point, but bottles in ice doesn't seem like too high of a risk. Probably wouldn't hurt to spray some lysol in there first. :)

Boy, do I feel stooopid! I thought the metal can in the toilet area was a waste basket, albeit, the smallest one I have ever seen in a hotel or cabin. We had to ask the steward what the metal can under the sink was for. She did say that the large part of the undersink bin was for wet towels, and the metal part for trash. That little trash bin couldn't have been more inconvenient! Another case where design trumped function.

I heard of one woman who thought the metal bin under the sink was a storage drawer. Apparently, she put all of her cosmetics in there and the steward dumped it! :D

I heard of one woman who thought the metal bin under the sink was a storage drawer. Apparently, she put all of her cosmetics in there and the steward dumped it! :D

Bet she was all over the Purser's office looking for an on board credit and at least 50% off her next cruise.

I don't think you have anything to be embarrassed about because we too used it as a trash bin until we were told it was for our dirty towels about half way through our cruise. I'm sure the room stewards are used to people using them for trash. :D

Hey Zumba turtle....miss you and your family.....

I used it the whole time as a trash bin.....I put papers and stuff in there and I put Q-tips and tissues in the tiny metal insert....... I heard someone put all there make-up in the tiny metal insert and the Steward threw all of her make-up away..........

Get back to Zumba-ing.........

Hey Zumba turtle....miss you and your family.....

I used it the whole time as a trash bin.....I put papers and stuff in there and I put Q-tips and tissues in the tiny metal insert....... I heard someone put all there make-up in the tiny metal insert and the Steward threw all of her make-up away..........

Get back to Zumba-ing.........

Hi CherylRoslyn! It was such a pleasure meeting you and your daughter, we had a fabulous connection! Was it you that lost all your makeup in that bin and are spreading rumors it was someone else? :D

We had a decent sized trash can, under the desk area, in our cabin. D3 -12259. There was also the small one in the toilet enclosure and the metal one under the sink. We used the pullout under the sink for dirty towels.

Contrary to what I had read, there was actually more "trash capacity" than in other cabins we've had. The room was still pretty narrow and the bed was a pain in the rear for my 6' 2" frame.

Take care,

Mike

Archived