Need Hotel suggestion for Montreal

We are staying at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, mainly because we are taking a train out of Montreal the next day. I got a AAA rate for $144. If you check out Montreal TripAdvisor Forum, there are lots of suggestions for hotels, just read back a few pages. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g155032-i51-Montreal_Quebec.html

My husband and I want to stay two nights in Montreal at the end of our cruise in May. Any suggestions for hotels would be appreciated. We are looking for good location but not high price. Thanks.

Our son is at school in Montreal and we go there often. We often stay at the Hotel Bonaventure, which is a Hilton. It's connected to the underground path system and across the street from the train station. It's a fairly easy walk (20 minutes or so) to Old Montreal.

Viv

Note: I am the owner of a bed and breakfast in Montreal. Please remember that my opinion may therefore not be impartial in the matter.

Days Inn. Location is on a busy street in an area that, while safe, isn't the prettiest. Close to Chinatown, but a little inconvenient to Metro access, especially at night. Check out the TripAdvisor reviews... it is currently 65th in Montreal.

If you are looking for a budget hotel and only a hotel will do, might I suggest the Hilton Gardens, again on a busy street, but new construction.

If money isn't the object, then might I suggest the St-James or the Vogue. The Hilton and Queen E are both fine, but older hotels that haven't remodeled in quite some time. They are both connected by tunnel to the train station and the Bonaventure metro station.

Archived