MDR question for Past/Present Honeymooners

wakar13

I am sure that a lot of you have gone on cruises for a honeymoon - I looked up Celebrity and they have table size options. Small - big and 2 - 10 (I think?)

What is the general feeling among the honeymooners - are large tables better or worse for the experience?

How common is it to realize that your table group is not the best fit?

Will the ship re-seat you and does that cause uncomfortable moments?

Thoughts/Tips on this subject in general?

Appreciate your feedback

Large tables are more fun....seldom will you have tablemates that you simply can't stand....most are quite friendly and fun-loving, or they wouldn't be cruising!

We've never had tablemates that we couldn't get along with. We have had some that were sooooo much fun, that we couldn't wait to get to dinner each evening!

Of course, on your honeymoon, you may just want to hold hands and gaze lovingly into each other's eyes......alright...just re-read it...sounds boring! You will have all day long to be a "couple"...pick a large table and have fun!

I would recommend a large table. You'll be spending 24/7 with your hubby and it can get a bit repetitive. Even if you don't love everyone at your table, you're bound to meet some cool people and get some great ideas for port days / hear about what others did. You can always get your table changed or eat in another location for the evening if you'd rather be alone.

We always choose tables of 8 -10 because it provides a lively conversation. We have often taken independent port tours with friends we met from the table, and we still communicate and visit one another. Lastly, you may well have another honeymoon couple at your table...instant conversation!

Is it possible to dine with a group a few of evenings and then dine with hubby for a few evenings?

Hopefully, there will be many more future crusies for you and then you can dine with larger groups.

...but for now I think it's all about the romance :p

DH and I always do tables for 2. We enjoy each others company and don't feel the need for small talk with other cruisers, we just want to be with each other.

Lots of people disagree with this, but I HATE being forced to eat dinner with groups of people who want to blabble on about how much better/worse other cruises are, their investment portfolios, their families at home..... I just don't want to hear it on my vacation. I want to be left alone to enjoy it! I sat near a table for 8 on my last cruise and felt horrible for the 6 people being forced to eat with some loud mouth jerk, they all looked so relieved when he failed to show up for dinner one night :)

It's your honeymoon, however you feel you would have a better experience whether it be the 2 of you alone or at a table for 8, pick that option - you'll have a great cruise!

Hubby and I were at a resort for 2 weeks for our honeymoon, and as such ate alone every night. It made it that much harder to meet people to talk to (things are always different at a resort).

So, on our first cruise we booked a table for 6. We were super excited to meet new people, because our hope is that one day we will meet some friends that we could travel with again. (We have no kids, and all of our friends do, so sadly they can't travel with us due to budget issues...)

Believe it or not, on our first night of the cruise, a family of 4 that was assigned to us, sat down for 3 seconds then realized they knew people across the room and asked to be reassigned to their table! We spent the entire cruise at a table for 6, but it was just the 2 of us!!! :o

It wasn't bad though, because we met tons of nice people at the meet and mingle!

So, choose whatever is right for you, and in the end, things always work out!

Happy travels!

If you tell the cruise line it is your HM, they may try to seat you with other newlyweds.

Although we prefer freestyle to traditional dining, the do an OK job pairing people. You might not make new friends forever but you should find pleasant dining companions.

If you are not going to ask for a table for 2, go as big as possible so if one group isn't your cup of tea maybe the others will be.

Archived