Taxi prices in Barcelona

Upper Las Ramblas to Port will run $12 to $18 euros and that might be on the high side. From the port to the Airport should run $23 to $26 euros. If you are not jet lagged and want to be adventurous take the (Blue) Aeroporto Bus from the Airport to the Plaza for around $3.40 euros. Interesting trip and cheap transportation. My only problem was the wife kept saying I didn't know what I was doing. Now if I can just get her to ride the trains in Europe. She sure does like going to Europe now. Good luck! Tim and Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Airport to Majestic, cost us $22 plus tip. We should have had Celebrity transportation, but it didn't turn up so we had to make our own arrangements. The cab was easy, clean and they were plentyfull. Only problem was that the driver spoke absolutly no english at all, but then again, why should he ?

• 2 weeks later...

Some posters have given pricing and one poster has said taxis could accomodate four people. Anyone know if the prices quoted are for four people or is there a surcharge for additional passengers?

Thanks!

The taxis in barcelona do have meters. Say you go from your Hotel to the Airport and the meter reads $19.50 Euros. You will be charged probably $23.00 Euros. The extra charge is for luggage and any local tax. The driver isn't trying to take advantage of you. This is common throughout Europe. The taxi business in Barcelona gets a four star in my book. Just like any other American City there are some bad apples. My two cents. Tim

The taxis in barcelona do have meters. Say you go from your Hotel to the Airport and the meter reads $19.50 Euros. You will be charged probably $23.00 Euros. The extra charge is for luggage and any local tax. The driver isn't trying to take advantage of you. This is common throughout Europe. The taxi business in Barcelona gets a four star in my book. Just like any other American City there are some bad apples. My two cents. Tim

Sometimes they can hold 4 but if you have ALOT of luggage you may need to just get 2 taxis.. which is why if there are that many and alot of luggage it might be easier to hire a driver.. the cost would be about the same.. From airport to ship/port is about 30 US for 2..

Archived