Cab fare to west bay beach

htkodiak

Hi: The posted taxi rate is $15 per person one way from MB to West Bay. It's about a 30-35 minute ride....It may be cheaper for you to book bus/van transportation through a private tour operator. If you search the Roatan Forum, you can find recommendations on quite a few operators who offer transporation to/from the beach.

Hi: The posted taxi rate is $15 per person one way from MB to West Bay. It's about a 30-35 minute ride....It may be cheaper for you to book bus/van transportation through a private tour operator. If you search the Roatan Forum, you can find recommendations on quite a few operators who offer transporation to/from the beach.

Is that the rate if you catch a cab within the MB compound or do you have to climb the hill for that rate? Any minimum number of people or would it be $15 if I went by myself?

Is that the rate if you catch a cab within the MB compound or do you have to climb the hill for that rate? Any minimum number of people or would it be $15 if I went by myself?

yes - within the MB transportation area... pricing is per person... quite a rip, but you may be able to negotiate for a group

And likely you would not go by yourself, they would still try to get some others at $15 PP to fill the cab, which of course is more environmentaly friendly

We were there just a couple of weeks ago.

We went outside the compound at MB, and teamed up with a driver.

Paid $40 return to West Bay Beach (lovely!) for the 2 of us.

As they say, it is quite a way 30-35 minutes.

Our driver came back about an hour before our set return time - just to let us know he was there, so we wouldn't be stressed.

Coming back he was able to come inside the compound

Archived