Child Staying In Another Room

jsmjovi

We are traveling as a family of 3 and had booked our cruise a while ago. Now a friend decided they wanted to come along with us as well and our TA has booked her, but switched our child to their room to save money, but the TA said we can still keep our room as 3. Meaning our family can stay in our room as we originally planned.

I am a bit concerned as we got the luggage tags, but none for my child - as they went to the friend. Does that even make sense? LOL!!

It's seems way too confusing and now I am worried that someone will say my child has to be in the room with the friend (who is a relative stranger to her) because it was booked that way.

The TA assures me that we can have her in our room and there won't be any problems.

We are traveling as a family of 3 and had booked our cruise a while ago. Now a friend decided they wanted to come along with us as well and our TA has booked her, but switched our child to their room to save money, but the TA said we can still keep our room as 3. Meaning our family can stay in our room as we originally planned.

I am a bit concerned as we got the luggage tags, but none for my child - as they went to the friend. Does that even make sense? LOL!!

It's seems way too confusing and now I am worried that someone will say my child has to be in the room with the friend (who is a relative stranger to her) because it was booked that way.

The TA assures me that we can have her in our room and there won't be any problems.

Shouldn't be a problem. They usually send a few extra luggage tags, without names...........use one of those on your childs luggage.

When registering on the ship they will issue your child a cabin card which will be set up in your friends cabin. Once you actually get on the ship go to the desk in the main atrium and they will issue your child a card that will work for your cabin.

No one on the ship cares where you/child sleeps.........so no problem making up the bed for the 3rd person in your cabin, just let your cabin steward know.:)

Booking the cabins this way saved your friend from having to pay twice as much for that cabin. :)

Shouldn't be a problem. They usually send a few extra luggage tags, without names...........use one of those on your childs luggage.

When registering on the ship they will issue your child a cabin card which will be set up in your friends cabin. Once you actually get on the ship go to the desk in the main atrium and they will issue your child a card that will work for your cabin.

No one on the ship cares where you/child sleeps.........so no problem making up the bed for the 3rd person in your cabin, just let your cabin steward know.:)

Booking the cabins this way saved your friend from having to pay twice as much for that cabin. :)

THANK YOU! You saved me from a lot of needless worrying! LOL!

Once you're on board, you're free to swap rooms. Just have your story straight when boarding. Don't know if your friend will have any problems checking in with your child if there's no documentation or whatever is required.

It actually would have made more sense for your TA to leave the child with one of the parents while the other parent is listed as sharing the other room with your friend. You shouldn't have any problems switching names on the rooms. Ask your TA to make this change so your friend doesn't run into parent/legal guardian questions upon check in.

NCL booked us in a similar fashison in order for the other family we are traveling with to get a Lattitudes discount. The NCL agent told us to put Me (Silver Lattitudes member) and my friend and her daughter in one room and My husband who is also Silver Lattitudes member in the second cabin with my friends Husband and her daughter. But in your case you are actually paying more if you have to pay your friend for your daughters portion of the room. The third passenger in a room as well as the fourth pay very little - (around $349). So now your daughter is paying full price to be in your friends cabin. a saving s for your friend but not for you if you have to pay for your daughters ticket.

NCL told us they don't care who stays in who's cabin after you board so you don' have to worry - your daughter doesn't have to say with your friend, but you have to make sure your cabin has a bed for your daughter.

True enough. But it also increased the child's fare from 3/4th person rate to full fare. Hopefully the OP worked this all out with the friend.

Archived