Best Beace Close By

mrsd2fan

After reading posts it looks like the taxi fares are quite expensive. Are there good beaches near the port (RC-AOS) that won't cost an arm and a leg for a taxi ride?

Forgot to mention wants:

Beach Bar/Restaurant

Snorkeling equip available for rent

After reading posts it looks like the taxi fares are quite expensive. Are there good beaches near the port (RC-AOS) that won't cost an arm and a leg for a taxi ride?

Forgot to mention wants:

Beach Bar/Restaurant

Snorkeling equip available for rent

I have done a bit of research on this topic. It would appear that closest beach to the cruise ship pier is Choc beach. Cab fare is reported to be less than $10 each way. It is more of a secluded beach with few amenities. I don't think there is any snorkelling there. Search "choc beach" on the St. Lucia forum to find more information. Reduit Beach (north of the island) is a little further and is reported to be a nicer beach with more amenities. I am not sure how good the snorkelling is there. Cab fare is reported to be around $25 each way. Search for "reduit beach" or "pigeon point" on the St. Lucia forum and you will find more information. I have only personally been to Jalousie Beach (southern part of the island) which is a 40 minute boat ride from the cruise ship port or about a 1 1/4 hour taxi ride. Snorkelling there is considered good. Good luck!

I have done a bit of research on this topic. It would appear that closest beach to the cruise ship pier is Choc beach. Cab fare is reported to be less than $10 each way. It is more of a secluded beach with few amenities. I don't think there is any snorkelling there. Search "choc beach" on the St. Lucia forum to find more information. Reduit Beach (north of the island) is a little further and is reported to be a nicer beach with more amenities. I am not sure how good the snorkelling is there. Cab fare is reported to be around $25 each way. Search for "reduit beach" or "pigeon point" on the St. Lucia forum and you will find more information. I have only personally been to Jalousie Beach (southern part of the island) which is a 40 minute boat ride from the cruise ship port or about a 1 1/4 hour taxi ride. Snorkelling there is considered good. Good luck!

We were in St Lucia 2 weeks ago and tried to get to Choc Beach but it was still in a bad way after the hurricane. The nearest beach to the port that was O.K.was Rodney Bay. It worked out pretty expensive, 25$ each way plus 20$ for beds and brolly.

Archived