Artemis Hong Kong to Singapore 22/2/11

john2208

On this cruise next year never cruised this part of the world any advise re ports of call.

Welcome to cruise critic. Sounds like a great cruise. :)

I'm sure someone will be along to advise you. I've never cruised the Far East but had quite a few land holidays there and loved every minute.

Whats your itinerary?

We've done a few places in the Far East. I don't know where Artemis will dock - hopefully somewhere nicer than Oriana (container ports in Hong Kong and Singapore) She's a lot smaller so you might just get a nice view.

You may possibly be overnight in these ports. Clarkes Quay in Singapore is a good spot for people watching at lunchtime or dinner.

Hong Kong is my favourite place. Go up to the Peak for the best views (weather permitting). Take a ferry to one of the islands if you want to get away from it all. You must take the Star Ferry across the harbour from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island and the tram on the island. Go to Maxims for lunch -the best dim sum - a real change from ships food but be prepared for a 20 min wait for a table as its very popular - on 2nd floor,City Hall.

Look at Trip Advisor for tips on the ports of call.

Caryl

Hi we are also on this cruise. There is a small cruise critc roll call on the Artemis site. Mike has done lots of research on ports of call, although we havn't made any decisions what we will be doing yet. Looking forward to meeting you.

• 1 month later...

We have just been offered a deal of £1275 for Hong Kong to Hong Kong (15 nights) on this cruise and are debating whether to go for it (though am not convinced there are cabins still available, will find out later today . May see you there! Any comments or advice welcome.

Archived