Helicopter ride in Belize

patannel

Considering signing up for this excursion while in Belize on RCL ship. It is very expensive, BUT on my "bucket list". Is Belize the place to fly in a helicpoter over the coral reefs for a once in a lifetime experience?

Has anyone out there done this ?

No response to my question concerning helecopter ride in Belize. I did a search using the engine on this board. Only 8 short threads and mostly about flying in Hawaii. Only other place was St. Thomas.

Will try a google search tomorrow. I was hoping to find out what company in Belize RCL contracts with for the flight excursion.

ticker.php?pic=5tz1z1e816h6ztfb

Having been to Belize several times and having seem their infrastructure, education, maintenance, etc...I would probably not fly in a helicopter (no offense, we met so many wonderful people on the tours)...but we may just stick to snorkeling and ruins...

Having been to Belize several times and having seem their infrastructure, education, maintenance, etc...I would probably not fly in a helicopter (no offense, we met so many wonderful people on the tours)...but we may just stick to snorkeling and ruins...

Thank you for your imput. I had not thought of the safety issue.

Safety is not an issue. I work in aviation here in Belize.

The Helicopter trip will take you over the blue hole and along the reef. I commute around Belize by air all week. You can take a flight to the Cayes for much cheaper and still get a great view of the reef in route.

MORE PICS OF THE FLIGHT http://picasaweb.google.com/shagmedi/2010111002?authkey=Gv1sRgCM6rh_Py4Z-GUQ&feat=directlink

IMG_0151.JPG

Archived