Best diet I've ever been on

tropical.dreams

Hi, all!

Stats: I'm a 32 y/o woman, 5'8", and was 152 on the morning I started this "diet", October 24th. As of Friday, November 19th, I was down to 145. Now, this may not seem like a lot to you, but I've been on countless diets over the last few years, and NEVER lose weight. I even joined a Biggest Loser contest for the first 90 days of 2010, and didn't lose a single pound. I was about to give up, and then someone told me about Clean Eating.

Basically, clean eating is eating your food as close to how nature made it as possible. Nothing processed, and of course, nothing "white" (sugar, flour, rice, etc.) I decided to give it a shot, since I'm cruising in 3 months, and wanted to pre-lose the 5 lbs I know I'll gain on the ship!

I'm completely shocked that I've been able to lose weight this way. I initially didn't see how it was much different than other diets, until I started researching it more.

http://www.cleaneatingdiet.com

http://www.cleaneatingmama.com

It's hard at first, but you just have to stick with reading labels. The more ingredients in a product, the more you stay away from it, especially if those ingredients are ones you can't pronounce. NO HFCS/Sweet N Low/etc at all. If you have to have something sweet, it has to have real sugar, agave nectar or stevia/Truvia, and as little as possible.

I'd say I've stuck to this diet about 80% of the time. The best thing is, after a while, you won't even need to count calories or WW points or anything, because everything you eat is healthy anyway, and will keep you fuller longer so you won't be hungry as much.

I thought this would be a horrible diet for me, because I'm a chocoholic and a fast food a holic, but I've noticed that without those things in my body, I'm not craving them as much at all. Just goes to show that they ARE addicting.

Just Google Clean Eating, and learn as much about it as you can, and give it a try!

I too weigh about 152, but I'am only 5' tall. LOL I do use the little packets of sweetner in my coffee, 1/2 pack per cup. Soooo, about 2 packs a day. I've been hearing they add weight. Do you suppose just that small amount might make a differance? Not counting Big Macs, chips and so on. I know those have got to stop. I have the aquave necter, maybe I should wean myself off of the fake stuff.

No rice or potatoes even though they are natural? We eat very little fast type food at home. Buy fresh veggies and meat. I think it's the day time eating at work thats my downfall.

I have got to get this overeating under control!

Congrats on your diet by the way. Keep on keeping on.

You are so right..when I ate the other kinds of foods you mentioned I had problems with gaining weight, when I went back to the way I was raised to eat..home cooking and basic foods..I lost all the weight.

I think a lot of the problem is that people want convenience..so they don't do it..but you know, if you plan right (another thing people don't want to do) then it's easy. One thing people think is that by clean eating they have to have boring chicken breast every day..you'd be surprised what you can do with spices..I love flavor , I like to use curry powder and other thngs, I also look through international cookbooks to get ideas. I even make a mean Lebanese meatloaf with lean ground beef and bulgar wheat..dont get much cleaner than that!

I find it sad that "clean eating" is now the in thing..a lot of us were raised eating that way! Last night I went to a dinner party and everything was home cooked and from their garden..except the turkey we had on the salads..LOL

Hi, all!

Stats: I'm a 32 y/o woman, 5'8", and was 152 on the morning I started this "diet", October 24th. As of Friday, November 19th, I was down to 145. Now, this may not seem like a lot to you, but I've been on countless diets over the last few years, and NEVER lose weight. I even joined a Biggest Loser contest for the first 90 days of 2010, and didn't lose a single pound. I was about to give up, and then someone told me about Clean Eating.

Basically, clean eating is eating your food as close to how nature made it as possible. Nothing processed, and of course, nothing "white" (sugar, flour, rice, etc.) I decided to give it a shot, since I'm cruising in 3 months, and wanted to pre-lose the 5 lbs I know I'll gain on the ship!

I'm completely shocked that I've been able to lose weight this way. I initially didn't see how it was much different than other diets, until I started researching it more.

www.cleaneatingdiet.com

www.cleaneatingmama.com

It's hard at first, but you just have to stick with reading labels. The more ingredients in a product, the more you stay away from it, especially if those ingredients are ones you can't pronounce. NO HFCS/Sweet N Low/etc at all. If you have to have something sweet, it has to have real sugar, agave nectar or stevia/Truvia, and as little as possible.

I'd say I've stuck to this diet about 80% of the time. The best thing is, after a while, you won't even need to count calories or WW points or anything, because everything you eat is healthy anyway, and will keep you fuller longer so you won't be hungry as much.

I thought this would be a horrible diet for me, because I'm a chocoholic and a fast food a holic, but I've noticed that without those things in my body, I'm not craving them as much at all. Just goes to show that they ARE addicting.

Just Google Clean Eating, and learn as much about it as you can, and give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...
You are so right..when I ate the other kinds of foods you mentioned I had problems with gaining weight, when I went back to the way I was raised to eat..home cooking and basic foods..I lost all the weight.

I think a lot of the problem is that people want convenience..so they don't do it..but you know, if you plan right (another thing people don't want to do) then it's easy. One thing people think is that by clean eating they have to have boring chicken breast every day..you'd be surprised what you can do with spices..I love flavor , I like to use curry powder and other thngs, I also look through international cookbooks to get ideas. I even make a mean Lebanese meatloaf with lean ground beef and bulgar wheat..dont get much cleaner than that!

I find it sad that "clean eating" is now the in thing..a lot of us were raised eating that way! Last night I went to a dinner party and everything was home cooked and from their garden..except the turkey we had on the salads..LOL

Well hello stranger! :D How the heck are ya???

OMG, was just thinking recently of that thread Brenda had a couple of years ago and was wondering what had happened to everyone!

I'm well..new man, second home in Jamaica now, went to Italy this summer to do some work, am very happy..am now a converted runner..

How are you? Was almost going to post something about return of Brenda, she was so inpspirational!

Well hello stranger! :D How the heck are ya???

OMG, was just thinking recently of that thread Brenda had a couple of years ago and was wondering what had happened to everyone!

I'm well..new man, second home in Jamaica now, went to Italy this summer to do some work, am very happy..am now a converted runner..

How are you? Was almost going to post something about return of Brenda, she was so inpspirational!

Hi ladies! Nice to "see" you! I've kept my weight off, still (hopelessly) single...not much has changed. Went to Hong Kong in October...very cool trip.

Weight Watchers just completely revamped its program and changed the way it calculates points. The focus is more on whole foods. Calories don't even factor in to how the points are calculated - fiber, protein, fat, and carbs are. Clean eating is the way to go.

Hey girlie..the one with all the men chasing after her..you were always so cute, he'll come around soon..

I quit all the diets, did p90x for awhile and fractured my heel...what works for me is back to eating the foods I was raised on and I joined Team in Training for the Leukemia Society, made terrific friends, and am now running my second half marathon.

It's weird to me..I was always raised on whole foods, home cooking, etc. I find now that having a tiny bit of REAL butter is better than artifical anything, and I'd rather have a teaspoon of raw sugar instead of artificial..it realy does make a difference. I'm convinced more than ever that the chemicals and dieting industry is whats making everyone fat or why they can't loose. There is no such thing as a diet. It's all in how you view food and how you use it, and a little exerise.

Hi ladies! Nice to "see" you! I've kept my weight off, still (hopelessly) single...not much has changed. Went to Hong Kong in October...very cool trip.

Weight Watchers just completely revamped its program and changed the way it calculates points. The focus is more on whole foods. Calories don't even factor in to how the points are calculated - fiber, protein, fat, and carbs are. Clean eating is the way to go.

Yeah I sure spent many an hour on that thread. :) I'm well, had a terrible accident this summer (tripod fracture) at the beach - a kayak literally slammed into my cheekbone, but I had surgery and all is well now. I'm seeing someone new, well new since I was here - we've been together about 14 months now. Son is getting ready for college...life marches on! Jamaica sounds great!!

Hey Chi! I saw a blurb on the change in WW...meant to look it up but haven't taken the time. Hong Kong is very cool - great that you got to go!!

Archived