Sorry to ask this seemingly unimportant question about prune juice but....

weloverunning

Okay, so I never thought I would be asking such a question. However, in one week we will be on the Glory with our two sets of parents in their late 70s and early 80s. This question has come up more than once in the past couple of weeks of planning. Do they serve prune juice in the breakfast buffet or in the dining room? I told mom to just bring along a six-pack of little bottles to be sure since this seems to be one of the most important things on some elderly people's mind. However, Dad said "Of course they will have prune juice so don't bother bringing it" I know I have seen stewed prunes on the buffet but not juice. I don't want this to be a deal breaker since all Mom will remember about the cruise is that they didn't have prune juice and she couldn't you know what.:eek:

Keep me in your prayers starting November 28th and I pray I have the patience to enjoy our time with them. :p

Does Carnival have a special foods/dietary/allergy request SOP? When my sister went on an RCCL cruise, we sent an email to the dietary people and put in a request for something that was very important to her health needs. They were very kind about having it available for her at every dinner. Perhaps this is service is also available on Carnival. (You had to give a few weeks notice.)

(I do see they have a "special needs" email address, but this seems to be for wheelchairs, etc.)

In any case, if it were my folks, and it was that important to them, I would bring a bottle of prune juice (or mini bottles) along just in case.

Maddle

Okay, so I never thought I would be asking such a question. However, in one week we will be on the Glory with our two sets of parents in their late 70s and early 80s. This question has come up more than once in the past couple of weeks of planning. Do they serve prune juice in the breakfast buffet or in the dining room? I told mom to just bring along a six-pack of little bottles to be sure since this seems to be one of the most important things on some elderly people's mind. However, Dad said "Of course they will have prune juice so don't bother bringing it" I know I have seen stewed prunes on the buffet but not juice. I don't want this to be a deal breaker since all Mom will remember about the cruise is that they didn't have prune juice and she couldn't you know what.:eek:

Keep me in your prayers starting November 28th and I pray I have the patience to enjoy our time with them. :p

I'm a nurse, and you would be surprised to know how many younger people are completely obsessed with this subject.;) I've had patients with life threatening conditions who can't be bothered to think about the serious threats to their lives, but they will go on and on and on about their bowels. It's a mystery to me...

Here is a link to a video of a CCL cabin and they zoomed in on the room service breakfast menu at about 50 seconds in. I can tell the apple juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice and tomato juice but I can't make them all out - not sure it says prune juice. On the Conquest last year they had prunes on the buffet at breakfast but they disappeared very quickly and one time they were gone and didn't have any to put out supposedly. Personally I would either bring it on board or call Bon Voyage and see if you can order it. I would bring it on for them and surprise them with it since it could be a cruise breaker.

We will be on your cruise in one week also. Let's hope for smooth sailing. There is always so much fruit to enjoy and little boxes of cereal at the breakfast buffets - hopefully, Raisin Bran. That might work also.

Enjoy being with your parents on the cruise. I lost my Mom last year and miss her so.

Archived