Retreat/Cabana ? Nieuw Am & Eurodam

shipmix

Hello,

Just trying to get some information on the retreat and the Cabanas. I like the idea and think I would enjoy it. Are these generally able to be booked when you get on the ship, or do you need to book them in advance?

Also are the ones located on the side of the ship better/ less than the ones facing over the pool area?

Any negatives about the retreat and or Cabanas?

Thanks

If you want to book a cabana for the entire length of your cruise, you can do so ahead of time by calling Ships Services. However, if you only want it for a day or two, you have to wait until you are on board.

The only negative to the Retreat/Cabana Club cabanas is the $$$--however, I value my privacy and having my own space, love having my own deck chair and not having to fight for one by the pool, having a place to either get in or get out of the sun, and all the little extra perks that come with the cabana (food, snacks, chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne in the afternoons, etc.). The location of these (up a couple of decks above the Lido Pool) are definitely out of the way of foot traffic, and you are not allowed up there unless you have a cabana. The Lido Cabanas, on the other hand, are out in the open. Someone else posted that they reminded him of an Algerian brothel--which perhaps is fairly accurate in their design! They are exposed to all of the hubbub around the pool, and are definitely not private by any means, but are a bit less expensive than the Retreat. As for me, I'll give up a spa treatment or two to be able to have a Retreat cabana!

We just got off the N.A. We booked a cabana in advance, but at least one was available for the week on the day we boarded.

We didn't have the opportunity to use it as much as we would have liked, but we did use it and LOVED it. I had breakfast in the cabana a couple of mornings, accompanied by the mimosas delivered by the cabana boys. We also had lunch in the cabana twice, and enjoyed the afternoon champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Sometimes it was great to just sit and look out at the ocean.

It's very much like a verandah, but with additional services.

We just got off the N.A. We booked a cabana in advance, but at least one was available for the week on the day we boarded.

We didn't have the opportunity to use it as much as we would have liked, but we did use it and LOVED it. I had breakfast in the cabana a couple of mornings, accompanied by the mimosas delivered by the cabana boys. We also had lunch in the cabana twice, and enjoyed the afternoon champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries. Sometimes it was great to just sit and look out at the ocean.

It's very much like a verandah, but with additional services.

Hi, we have one of the retreat cabanas from Dec 5th to 19th,,,, do they just give you one glass of champagne/mimosas???

Do they get a lot of sun?? Any better side for shade??

Thanks

jo

No sun in the cabana--it's covered. But in the Cabana Club area (retreat area) there are a bunch of loungers out in the open with plenty of sun. Our cabana boys brought us champagne, mimosas, and chocolate dipped strawberries as many times as we wanted. They also refilled the fruit bowl every day, and made sure the bottled water was iced down every morning.

No sun in the cabana--it's covered. But in the Cabana Club area (retreat area) there are a bunch of loungers out in the open with plenty of sun. Our cabana boys brought us champagne, mimosas, and chocolate dipped strawberries as many times as we wanted. They also refilled the fruit bowl every day, and made sure the bottled water was iced down every morning.

Yippy Skippy!! As many mimosas as I want???!!?? Can't wait to enjoy our cabana aboard the N.A. in a couple of weeks!!

Yippy Skippy!! As many mimosas as I want???!!?? Can't wait to enjoy our cabana aboard the N.A. in a couple of weeks!!

Charlotte, you and Mark are on the Dec 5th NA,,,, are y'all going to be able to go to the meet and greet on Monday the 6th at 11AM in the Crows Nest?

Let me know asap, I need to give Tia at HAL a head count this week.

Can't wait for the Cabana,,,, sounds way better than I even thought!!!

We have several CC members with Cabanas that week - should be fun!!

Jo

Just off Eurodam and had the retreat cabana booked for the 2 sea days. If you want to book for just a day or two, you must wait until you are onboard to do so. Most of them were reserved, yet remained empty the days we were there. We thought they were great, if you like to be away from the action, these are for you. More relaxed, no fighting for a lounge chair at the aft pool. there is plenty of sun no matter which way the ship is sailing and when you've had enough go sit in your cabana and enjoy a drink or what ever you wish, the guys will get it for you. The champagne pours until the bottles are empty, not just one glass. The first day I had four. As for the Lido cabanas, Arabian brothel is the perfect description. On the last sea day they were all booked, but nowhere near the privacy of the retreat. As for which is better is a matter of preference. We had one on the side (Malaga), loved just sitting there looking out at the sea. The others really don't overlook the pool, as most of the time at sea the roof was only slightly open, but people walking on the next deck can look at you. The family ones are in the corners and have a little of both worlds.

Charlotte, you and Mark are on the Dec 5th NA,,,, are y'all going to be able to go to the meet and greet on Monday the 6th at 11AM in the Crows Nest?

Let me know asap, I need to give Tia at HAL a head count this week.

Can't wait for the Cabana,,,, sounds way better than I even thought!!!

We have several CC members with Cabanas that week - should be fun!!

Jo

Hi, Jo--

Yes--we'll attend. Looking forward to a good cruise!!

We didn't take much advantage of this, but the cabana boys will also bring stuff from the Lido. It was usually easier for us to stop off at the Lido and pick up breakfast, ice cream, or whatever and bring it up to the cabana, but a couple of times they brought me an iced tea.

I think the purpose of renting the Lido cabana is so that you can be seen.

Really? Why would anyone want to see us?... and why would we care one way or the other?

And what would we be seen doing? Inquiring minds want to know.

We booked one for our upcoming cruise because we want to be close to the pool without having to armwrestle someone for a lounge if we don't get there at the crack of dawn, and can leave at will without having to be a chair hog.

I am mobility limited, so having waitstaff to bring our lunch is a Godsend.

Why would you make such a ridiculous assumption about who would rent a lido cabana?....

Archived