Camp Carnival ???'s

mojean

I don't know if there is somewhere on here to find general info or whether it's a combination of threads with the answers. My niece's are thinking about taking the 11 month and 3 1/2 year olds. I've scrolled a few boards looking for hints. I'm wondering about:

Will the 3 year be charged a 3rd person fee (Don't remember when the fee age starts)

How old do they have to be to go to camp carnival?

How much is the overnight rates, hours and restrictions. Also, is this in your cabin?

I don't know if there is somewhere on here to find general info or whether it's a combination of threads with the answers. My niece's are thinking about taking the 11 month and 3 1/2 year olds. I've scrolled a few boards looking for hints. I'm wondering about:

Will the 3 year be charged a 3rd person fee (Don't remember when the fee age starts)

How old do they have to be to go to camp carnival?

How much is the overnight rates, hours and restrictions. Also, is this in your cabin?

Both kids will pay a fare; depending on the cruise, it is often much cheaper. Camp starts for 2 year olds; there is family playtime on sea days from 12-2 where the babies can come in. Camp is free until 10 pm - after that, it is $6 per hour and runs til like 3 am.

I have never used babysitting so I can't comment on that.

There will be a cabin fee for both of the children. If there are 4 people in a cabin then the kids will be 3rd and 4th person charge.

Kids have to be 3 to go to camp carnival.

Carnival does not have in room babysitting. I highly suggest they look at getting a balcony so they will have a place to hang out while the kids are sleeping. :D

There will be a cabin fee for both of the children. If there are 4 people in a cabin then the kids will be 3rd and 4th person charge.

Kids have to be 3 to go to camp carnival.

Carnival does not have in room babysitting. I highly suggest they look at getting a balcony so they will have a place to hang out while the kids are sleeping. :D

Incorrect...Kids are accepted in Camp Carnival at age 2, and they will change diapers. EM

• 2 weeks later...

Our DD is 3 and cost somewhat less to cruise but we did have to pay for her. We paid just under $600 each for the adults and $360 for DD. I thought it was very reasonable.

This from Carnival's website:

"We do not offer in cabin babysitting. We do offer babysitting services for Under 2's each evening from 10:00 pm - 3:00 am. All babysitting services for Under 2's are charged at the babysitting price of $6.00 an hour. Check onboard for specific ship details."

Since they don't have in-room sitting, I assume they have cots or something at the Camp Carnival location for the kids to sleep in while being babysat after 10:00.

• 7 months later...

We are going to travel on Carnival Fascination. We have always had our kids by our side every moment of our travel in the past. But we are considering letting them partake in some Camp Carnival activities to let us have a little alone time. Can anyone let me know of their experience with Camp Carnival aboard the Fascination? Our kids are ages 7, 7, and 5.

Thank you for your time!

Archived