Dive Operators: Grenada

Cap'n Cork

Hi, there! I have booked a cruise on the Celebrity Summit out of San Juan, PR on February 5th. While the itinerary itself looks nice, I discovered to my disgruntlement that X has no sponsored suba excursions for Grenada.

I'm wondering if other cruisers could guide me to a competent operator based on their experiences.

Please post to the board. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

We went with Phil and Helen at Dive Grenada in October, and had a great time. They sent a cab to pick us up right outside the port building, and arranged for the cab to take us back as well.

Phil himself was our divemaster, and we did both dives in the marine park. There had been lots and lots of rain from tropical storms during the previous 2 weeks, so we had quite a bit of silt blowing out of the Orinoco, so the viz was 'only' (!) 60 feet or so on the first dive. Capn Raphie found a clearer spot for #2 - over 100 feet of viz.

Please be aware that there is no dock, so it's a little swim out to the boat. We had a great time, and we'll definitely be diving with them again when we go back to Grenada.

http://www.divegrenada.com/

Have a wonderful trip!

Wendy

Another vote for Dive Grenada. We dove with them in November and it was awesome. Saw Seahorses, sharptail snake eel, stonefish, banded jawfish, slipper lobster and much more. We especially loved the Sculpture Gardens (so weird!).

Brian & Margie Smith

grenada_sculpture.jpg.38ea82632d1669c92b5b1aedae700608.jpg

We also used DG when there Nov.'09. If they can arrange Garfield to pick you up, he can give you a nice tour of the island before taking you back to the doc. One of the highlights of our cruise. Pics in gallery link below.

Mike

Archived