Wine cards?

natonboard

I searched for exisiting references to wine cards on board Carnival ships and couldn't find any so I decided to ask :o

HAL offers wine cards that you purchase on board and get punched through everytime you order a glass of the house wine selection. The card is accepted at any bar, any dining location, at anytime of the day. Is there anything like this on Carnival cruises?? I'll be on the Legend in December, my first time on Carnival.

thanks!

I searched for exisiting references to wine cards on board Carnival ships and couldn't find any so I decided to ask :o

HAL offers wine cards that you purchase on board and get punched through everytime you order a glass of the house wine selection. The card is accepted at any bar, any dining location, at anytime of the day. Is there anything like this on Carnival cruises?? I'll be on the Legend in December, my first time on Carnival.

thanks!

There are no wine cards that I know of, but I went through Bon Voyage and ordered a few wine packages - each package includes 5 bottles of wine - you get five coupons and can redeem in the dining room or at certain bars. Supposedly a 25% discount over purchasing wine bottles on board.

We did the wine package Indylee mentions on our last cruise and it's a good deal. There are three tiers of wines at three different price points, with a nice selection of wines available with each. We did the middle tier on our last cruise and were very happy with the wines on that list. As with any wine bottles purchased on board, you can take any unfinished wine with you or your MDR waiter will recork the bottle and hold it for you until the next day.

There is also a book of drink coupons you can buy through the bon voyage dept in advance of your cruise. They're for a specified amount ($5.50?) and can be applied to wine or any other alcoholic beverage. You don't get a discount with them other than the tip is included with the coupon.

One complaint about the wine package. Just like with the drink coupons, you will have to keep up with the silly paper wine package "coupons".

I do wish that Carnival could get a better system in order to keep up with those types of purchases. When you lose one of those coupons (or it flies out of your hand and off the deck)...its like losing money overboard because they won't replace them.

Archived