On board credit

yorkie1

We have 100 quid each onboard credit on Ventura,do we have two separate accounts or does it show on our account 200 quid[sorry my keyboard does dollar signs and not pounds]Presumably it will show on our tv that we have this money or do you have to go to reception to activate it.Hope this is the last daft question I have to post ,We go next Saturday so my mind is buzzing!!!!!

We have 100 quid each onboard credit on Ventura,do we have two separate accounts or does it show on our account 200 quid[sorry my keyboard does dollar signs and not pounds]Presumably it will show on our tv that we have this money or do you have to go to reception to activate it.Hope this is the last daft question I have to post ,We go next Saturday so my mind is buzzing!!!!!

Not a daft question at all! Ask away :)

Yes, you will have 2 separate accounts even if using one credit card for both. Your TV will show each account/bill as being -£100, which will change as soon as you start charging to the account. Don't forget to use both accounts to spend your OBCs.

Anything on board you use your cruise card for. It is taken off the account statement. If you are a Portunus member at any grade, the 5%, 7.5% or 10% only kicks in when you have spent your OBC.

For example. You are on Ruby 5% with £100.00 each OBC You spend £500.00 on your two cards. (Doesn't matter who spends what as long as you are sure that only one card is going to settle the account, the sums spent on one are transferred to the other as a total) Without OBC, your discount would be 5% of £500.00 = £25.00 so £475.00 would be deducted from your card, HOWEVER, you have £200.00 OBC so £500.00 - £200.00 = £300.00 @ 5% = £15.00 knocked off, so you pay £285.00

:)

Mike

If you have registered the same credit card for both of you as a couple in the same cabin, any un-used onboard credit from No2 partner is transferred onto the main bill holder.

No.2. partners doesn't have to use it or loose it. BUT YOU MUST SPEND ALL OF IT DURING THE CRUISE, OR YOU WILL LOOSE IT. (Not hard, as this is for all spend onboard, including drinks at the bar, wine at dinner, trips, photos and spend in the shops etc).

A couple at our dinner table blew £100 on the last night as they realised they had only used one card and still had £100 in credit on the other. We told them it would have been transferred to one account at the end but the champagne had already been consumed by then!

Archived