Is Ventura like Marmite?

blitznbobs

We have sailed on Ventura once - and never again we both totally disliked it, for that reason steered clear of Azura but trying her next May for 7 days then backed to our favourite Arcadia in Nov.

We prefer the aprox 2000 capacity ships

We love Ventura. We have been on all the current P&O ships (except Adonia) and some of the previous P&O ships (Canberra, Victoria, the previous Arcadia) and there is something about Ventura we took to straight away.

We obviously like the bigger ships and have been on Ventura 19 times. We like Azura and when Ventura fly cruised last year we went on Azura but we were more than happy when Ventura came back to be Southampton based this year.

• 2 weeks later...
First time P&O cruiser here on Ventura (N531) and loved her. Having been on smaller Thomson ships, Ventura looked like an absolute monster from the dock. But once on board she didn't feel overly larger. She could be slightly confusing to navigate, but I feel that's always part of the fun. Interestingly Ventura juddered a lot more than other ships I had been on (possibly due to the Bay of Biscay crossing!) and the cabin creaked loudly because of it. Luckily, I always carry a pair of emergency ear plugs. Pity P&O couldn't control the weather! :rolleyes:

Obviously I have no other P&O ships to compare with, but I am already looking to book another cruise, probably on P&O, for next year. :D