Handicapped Cabins / Shower Question

seabum

Hey Everyone,

I dont want to start up the debate about whether or not to take a handicapped cabin if it is not needed. I've been assigned them in the past and enjoy the extra room - assuming of course that they aren't needed by anyone.

My question is in regards to the shower.

Does anyone have any suggestions for not flooding the entire bathroom everytime you turn on the shower.

I was thinking of bringing some sort of weather stripping for the floor - of course you can always buid a moat out of extra towels but that gets to be a pain as well.

Thanks - we booked an IS guarantee for next month and got upgraded to a 5A window (but it appears to be the handicapped cabin again)

Hey to a fellow Georgian,

I can tell its handcapped for several reasons, the deck plan indicates its twice as wide as the other 5A cabins, I saw another posting about the sister ship and that person had the same cabin number and mentioned it was handicapped, lastly I called CCL and confirmed it.

Having had one in the past - I know the shower is the main negative. It is set up as a roll in shower, (for wheel chairs) with a little trough as a secondary drain to help keep the water from flooding the entire BR.

However, with the rolling of the ship, this little trough isn't able to keep up. They do provide a squeegee - but those never can get it all. and I hate stepping in a puddle as I'm getting dressed on formal night. Never happens on the way to the pool - no just on formal night when I'm wearing my last pair of dark sox.........

I'm sure that there is a simple solution I haven't thought of yet.

Hopefully someone on these boards can help.

Thanks,

Hey Everyone,

I dont want to start up the debate about whether or not to take a handicapped cabin if it is not needed. I've been assigned them in the past and enjoy the extra room - assuming of course that they aren't needed by anyone.

My question is in regards to the shower.

Does anyone have any suggestions for not flooding the entire bathroom everytime you turn on the shower.

I was thinking of bringing some sort of weather stripping for the floor - of course you can always buid a moat out of extra towels but that gets to be a pain as well.

Thanks - we booked an IS guarantee for next month and got upgraded to a 5A window (but it appears to be the handicapped cabin again)

We had a handicapped accessible cabin on our January sailing on the Spirit. The shower is a problem. I just let the water run toward the drain by the door and then used 2 towels to "mop" up the excess water. Be sure to keep the shower curtain pulled all the way around and then more of the water goes to the drain closer to the shower.

When sailing with my mother (who was handicapped) I brought a cheap, $2.00 shower curtain and some plastic clothes pins. Cut it in half length wise and then width wise and stuck it in our luggage. We just clipped our shower curtain to the existing shower curtain to make the ship's shower curtain "longer", thus keeping the water actually inside the shower. It was also nice to know that if by chance the shower curtain attacked us (ya know, when it sucks up against your body, even though you try really hard to avoid it from happening) that it was the shower curtain we brought and not some curtain that might not be as "fresh and clean" as it should be. Never flooded the bathroom. Was definitely worth the $2.00 investment. We just tossed it into the trash at the end of the week.

Archived