Redeeming OBC

Jeepman88

So a few friends and myself are booked for the December 11 cruise out of New Orleans on the Triumph. We booked early saver and I'm seeing a lower "Pack & Go" rate. The problem is the "Pack & Go" rates don't list what room you'll be. Is there any way of redeeming Onboard Credit or is it designed so that the Early Saver people can't seek out the OBC? Thanks

Brandon

So a few friends and myself are booked for the December 11 cruise out of New Orleans on the Triumph. We booked early saver and I'm seeing a lower "Pack & Go" rate. The problem is the "Pack & Go" rates don't list what room you'll be. Is there any way of redeeming Onboard Credit or is it designed so that the Early Saver people can't seek out the OBC? Thanks

Brandon

The pack & go rate is one of the rates where Carnival picks your room for you at some point in the future. We refer to these kind of rates as guarantees (guaranteed an inside cabin or better, guaranteed an oceanview or better, etc). They bring out those rates on certain sailings to try and fill the ship, without having to give OBC to Earlysaver people. The only way to receive that rate is to give up your room assignment and allow Carnival to pick your room for you, which hardly anyone would want to do. You basically get one of the leftovers, what nobody else wanted to pick. It could be a good room, it may be a really bad room. If you were wanting to do this, I'm not really sure what the process would be. On that online form, you would need to comment that you wish to give up the room you chose and take whatever Carnival picks for you. I don't know if a phone call would also be needed or not.

Carnival has not been allowing you to price match to a lower gty ..

Some people have said they were allowed to move downward, i.e. a 4A to a IS .. but Carnival says not true. I noted about 3 people said you can, Carnival says I dont know the whole story and says its against the rules.

You might get it thru, but mostly carnival is not allowing what the above poster indicated if its a downward movement, but for sure if you move upward, say from a 4C to a OV gty, then you can do it.

Iv been talking a lot to Carnival folks about the ES rules lately and when I say I saw this and this post claiming they did so and so .. they tell me not.

Brandon

Carnival's Early Saver Policy for price-matching Early Saver to "Pack-and-Go" (Guarantee) rates is: If the Guarantee Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES Category drops below your ES rate, then you can give-up your ES assigned cabin and take a Guarantee "TBA" cabin in the higher category and get any price difference and remain Early Saver. A few posters have reported getting around this Policy but it would be unusual.

ken

Archived