Just back from the Allure of the Seas!

Jo and Rob

We were lucky enough to win the cruise as the UK Reporters of the Seas family and had a fantastic time. We had previously only cruised on Royal Caribbean once before on the Independence.

Wow! The Allure of the Seas is a beautiful ship and seems really spacious (except in the cabin!!!) I thought the size might lose some of the class we love so much with cruising but that wasn't the case at all. The ship has lots to do and is a destination in itself.

The cabin was a real squash and the smallest cabin we have been in (our outside on Costa Serena was significantly bigger) The sofa bed took up nearly all the cabin floor space which meant it was really difficult to get to the balcony. We even put the cabin chair on the balcony to try and create some more space. I asked the cabin steward to put the bed away after the first day to make more space. Even then, the double bed is so close to the wardrobe that it is really difficult to access and you end up leaning backwards while you are sorting out your clothes.

1097205887_24uf9-L.jpg

Here is a picture of a Central park balcony cabin which was exactly the same as our cabin so you can see how it looked like with the sofa bed folded away.

1101812121_PXNxw-L.jpg

The children loved the H2O zone and self-serve icecream (of course). The ice show How to Train a Dragon was really good.

1100890050_ZFwDs-L.jpg

I thought the show at the AquaTheatre was incredible and really is not to be missed. It is an acrobatic and high diving show that is truly breathtaking. There is also a sailaway party at the Aquatheatre where you are encouraged to get up on the stage with the characters (which of course we did!)

1097206130_KSmYY-L.jpg

1097207844_RobjW-L.jpg

There were lots of child friendly aspects of the ship. There were mini sun loungers in light blue instead of dark blue which were the perfect size for children and they loved them.

The mini-golf also had two sizes of clubs so the children had shorter clubs with much bigger balls which again proved very popular.

1097209207_Z9q3a-L.jpg

The carousel is located on the Boardwalk between the hotdog stand (which I recommend as there is a huge selection of different sausages to chose from) and the ice cream and donut parlour. Pets at sea will also be there but hasn't opened yet.

1100887578_QEqfH-L.jpg

The children get lots of chances to meet the Dreamworks characters. My two cuddled just about everyone!!! The Parade is a great opportunity to see all the characters together but they will also do character breakfasts and meet and greet the characters at specific times and locations.

1100891792_3BbFv-L.jpg

The location of the self-serve icecream is behind the H2O zone on the starboard side and in a similar location on the port side. It is behind doors that lock in the same building as the bars. Needless to say this was one of the first things the children located on the ship!

1097062776_iVDK3-L.jpg

They also love the fact that they are allowed in the Jacuzzis on Royal Caribbean unlike Costa cruises and land holidays in Europe. They are not too hot either. You are allowed drinks in the Jacuzzis but not icecreams.

1097063802_hqhaM-L.jpg

The zip line is great fun and whizzes above the Boardwalk from one end to the other.

1100896847_fL5eC-L.jpg

The cantilevered whirlpools were lovely but we didn't get must of a chance to enjoy them as we were so busy!

1101812085_3iUZ8-L.jpg

The Flowrider is excellent fun although the sensor hasn't settled yet so after a few goes it bubbles all over the place and instead of being pushed off to the back of the flowrider you get stuck at the front in a whirlpool until they hit the emergency shut down switch! Fortunately I saw it happen to someone else before it happened to me, and I was more concerned about getting myself back in my swimming costume! Ladies, you need to wear a t-shirt for this as I found to my expense. Here is a picture before the flowrider went into overdrive.

1101812474_Y2L5B-L.jpg

The children loved the icecreams both at the H20 zone and in the restaurant.

1104300396_z9bih-L.jpg

We got the chance to go to the bridge and meet the captain which was really exciting.1104298664_FeCDh-L.jpg

Here is a picture from the Boardwalk.1104299029_Nxho5-L.jpg

1104299723_QF7ht-L.jpg

Here is the rock climbing wall on the starboard side. There is another one on the port side. Emily was very excited as she is now old enough to climb the wall. Oliver had great fun ringing the bell.

1097065828_9AupT-L.jpg

Here is the Boardwalk from above.

1100895180_MMaxW-L.jpg

The brass band played just by the carousel

1104298377_c3fxa-L.jpg

Anyone got a sweet tooth?

1104298831_zosKE-L.jpg

Breakfast menu in the Main Dining Room.

1104298254_fA7pJ-L.jpg

1100886537_rnUq4-L.jpg

A tossed salad from the salad bar, you select the ingredients and then they dress and toss it. Perfect.

1100891186_a7G9k-L.jpg

Rack of lamb in the main dining room.

1100887807_zZz3N-L.jpg

Scallop risotto

1104300149_3qqfx-L.jpg

Lobster tails

1104300407_4wxFm-L.jpg

Take at look at this. The first is the second video we made as Reporters at Sea and the second is a video that Rob put together when we got home. :)

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/viewVi...LlvtcykK71fK0w

(2nd Reporters video)

http://howarthfamily.smugmug.com/Family/High-Definition-Video/6840494_G3yrQ#1110119821_gaiRS-A-LB

(family video)

Fantastic! I've been following you on your incredible journey, and am so glad you've spent the time to share it with us. Thank you!!! DH and I will be on Allure in March, and I believe we're going to do a big family vacation (with our children, parents and siblings, nieces and nephews) after Christmas next year. The ship looks amazing, and so family friendly! Can't wait!!! :D

Archived