Roll Call! Disney Dream Feb 27, 2011

FurryGoat

It's a long shot but I'll post anyway!

Husband and I are going on the 4 day Disney Dream, leaving Cape Canaveral on Feb 27 - booked with the WDWRadio group but I think we'll be the only gay couple... But, we can make our own fun right? We're really excited about seeing the new ship!

We'll also be spending 7 days in the World after we get back with friends. We're friendly and Canadian!

Don't be shy! Come say Hi!

We like pie.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Glad you took the long shot and posted. I will be onboard for this sailing as well. Also booked through MEI as part of the group. Will be on Deck 9 in a interior stateroom with the virtual porthole....that should be really cool.

Will be staying for another 2 days at WDW following the cruise at Bay Lake Tower next to the Magic Kingdom.

Friendly guy here always looking for nice guys to talk to and hang out with.

Pie huh? What kind???

Hi guys,

Glad you took the long shot and posted. I will be onboard for this sailing as well. Also booked through MEI as part of the group. Will be on Deck 9 in a interior stateroom with the virtual porthole....that should be really cool.

Will be staying for another 2 days at WDW following the cruise at Bay Lake Tower next to the Magic Kingdom.

Friendly guy here always looking for nice guys to talk to and hang out with.

Pie huh? What kind???

Thats great! We thought there would be other "family" on board, but we're putting too much hope (other than cast members, that is).

We're on Deck 5 with a bunch of other Canadians (with kids)... Did MEI plan that?

Would be great to hang out... I get the feeling from The DIS podcast that the Pink Champagne bar will be a bit gay, as it were. Let's have a drink!

I was going to say Hair Pie, but that's creepy and weird. Blueberry?

Drinks are a definite must and Pink seems to be the most appropriate place for the "family" to meet up.

My first Disney Cruise on the Magic, I spent a lot of time at Sessions which seems to be along the same line. And that was definitely the place to be for late evening no child yet family friendly gathering.

Skyline looks like a really cool place for we the international travelers to visit as well. But there are so many places to explore on this ship, I imagine that lounge hopping over the course of the cruise will be in order.

Hair pie, huh? Not a bad flavor in the least.

When do you guys arrive in Florida?

Sorry, I keep forgetting to check this forum. I see you've made a couple posts over on WDW...

We arrive on Thursday night, going to GATORLAND!! to see whats that all about, and tour Kennedy Space Center. There's a launch scheduled for the 24th, but it may get pushed back... who can say?

We should meet up after dinner - are you early or late sitting? We chose later for two reasons: less kids and no rushing to get ready for dinner after excursions.

Yeah I am on here and at the wdwradio forums. Helps with the excitement leading up to this trip.

I was booked late dining but then moved to early since most of the wdwradio group will be then and we will all be seated together. It appears that the group has grown large enough that we will nearly fill one dining room seating. That means I am scheduled late show at 9PM. I've always eaten on late dining so this will be interesting to try the earlier time.

I work on Friday morning and then head to the airport for a 2 PM flight. I am scheduled into Orlando about midnight after a 3 leg journey and a 6 hour time change. So I imagine I will be exhausted. But from everything I am reading and seeing, the ship is going to be awesome and the trip will be worth it.

Have been to Nassau too many times so I plan to be ship bound on day 2 in order to explore and scope out all the good spots to grab a drink come evening time. You don't have to ask me twice to join in for a drink after dinner. I'm there.

Archived