shore excursions

jcalgal

Looking for good outside vendors for excursions in Costa Rica and Acapulco. Want to go to Carara Discovery Center and something else.

Any one have a recommendation. I am new and having a lot of trouble navigating the site. Its great but I am doing this for hours and getting frustrated ! Please respond with any help.

We have found anEnglish speaking tour guide and van to go to Carara Bio Park to see the macaws etc. in their natural setting, also the jungle river on a catamarran. We will have the driver and guide from 7 to 5 so we can add things etc. as we please (lunch, beach, villages, hill view ???). We have room for a few more people. If you are interested answer me on cruise critic asap...price for the day is $109 p.p.

Sorry if I confused anyone. The Discovery Center is in the rain forest park near the Gamboa resort in Panama. We are working on that tour and also going to Casco Viejo that afternoon.

We have been paired by the driver with some others from the ship in Costa Rica.

Looking for info on the guide Hector in Panama. Not sure if he is reliable so we are open to other suggestions. He has not answered my latest emails or phone calls. Worried that this is not a good sign.

We have read so many good things about Rosie's Tour that we booked with her. Our group is about 20. If you are not with a group then she will try to get you into a group. Then again why not see if you can join others from your ship and get a group together. It's more fun that ways.

From what we read and from talking to Rosie she has a standard tour that hits all the highlights of Acapulco. If you want to choose what you will see she will help you with the details. I read were someone wanted to see a normal home and so Rosie took them to her parents home and her mother made everyone dinner. Rosie is well known in Acapulco. We had a tour guide like this in South America and it made all the difference.

The webpage for Rosie's Tour is http://www.acapulcorosiestours.com/ She is charging us $35 per person. This included the entrance fee to the divers show and drinks on board of the airconditioned van. We have requested that we are back at the ship one hour before the ships sails just to be cautious.

Archived