Alaska, anyone? Possible group cruise in 2012

aggieastrosfan

We sailed the Spirit last August and saw a pod of Orcas from our aft balcony.

With all my cruising, I've never seen a whale. I did see a water spout from one at Cabo San Lucas in October.

I'm familiar with the concept of whales, though. I finally quit going swimming in public because I got tired of hearing all the "Thar she blows!" comments when I would step into the water. SFS :eek:

Interesting info, thanks for sharing! My son would've loved to see the orcas, but he'll have to be happy with humpbacks from the looks of it. He'll survive.

Nothing new to report. Still waiting.

Are we still waiting for pricing for July 24, 2012 sail date? I have been away a while and may have missed the specific posting. As this our first group event with Cruise Critic, please let me know how/when to proceed with our reservations.

Thanks!

Are we still waiting for pricing for July 24, 2012 sail date? I have been away a while and may have missed the specific posting. As this our first group event with Cruise Critic, please let me know how/when to proceed with our reservations.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, we are still waiting :(, but will certainly be posted here as soon as I hear anything!

We went last May, the first cruise of the year, which was the reason for selecting that particular cruise and we were glad we did.

We had been told by some that had gone both early and late in the season that the early part of the season was prettier.

We had super weather and after talking to a few people who lived there in Skagway we were told that in a month or so a lot of the snow capped mountains would just be mountains. The snow would be melted away. Never were we cold and we are from Florida.

One time during our cruise Northward our naturalist on board made the announcement to go outside that we were in the middle of around 300 humpback whales migrating up North. The ship was completely surrounded by whales and you could see them blowing as far as you could see. And once there we saw numerous humpback whales on our whale watching tour.

If we go back we will definitely return on the first cruise of the season. For a lot of the crew it was their first time seeing Alaska and they were outside in awe as well as the rest of us. It made for a wonderful trip. The crew seemed to be really upbeat and extra attentive.

Will probably hear while I am out on Ecstasy next week and I will miss this!!!!!!!;)

HAVE a GREAT CRUISE on the ECSTASY!!! She's my favorite, so far!!! I love the smaller ships!!! (Tell Steve, the Cruise Director, HELLO from Lambie!!! He's GREAT!!!)

And it WILL be GREAT to hear some news!!!

count me in....we were gonna take an alaska cruise but to get to the port airfare was way to dear so decided on a caribbean cruise and drive to the port instead. moving this summer to arizona so airfare should be a lot cheaper or wishful thinking.

We might be interested. Cruised on the Spirit a couple of years back when CCL was still going to Whittier, in July and the weather was fantastic! Shorts and t-shirts in every port except for Whittier. Will miss ANC. and the king crap legs!

Since I'm a teacher and also teach summer school(yes I'm in it for punishment, and vacation money!:D) July would be the only month or the first week of August.

Was thinking of starting a group cruise for teachers in July, but if this works out it would be good.

Keep us posted.

Hi Mere! Lurking around here to see what you find out. Dave & I have wanted to do Alaska for awhile now....seeing so many friends posting here makes me think this may just be the time to do it! That and Spirit class ship...my favorite! What date are you looking at...July 24th? Or are there others still being considered?

Archived