name of restaurant in old san juan.. help!!

LRCcruise430

Not sure if I even have enough information to get an answer but I thought it would be worth a try...:confused:

Was in old san juan a couple years ago and ate at this restaurant and sat at the little bar to the left and drank the BEST mojitos ever. We ordered some appetizers which were very good. Were going back in 2 weeks and would like to go to that same place but cannot remember the name!

it was very authentic food, nothing fancy, and all we can really remember was that it was very open-aired... open archways without glass windows, my bf remembers there even being parts of the restaurant with no ceiling, just open.

I know its not much to go by but just thought maybe some people had some suggestions! thanks!

Not sure if I even have enough information to get an answer but I thought it would be worth a try...:confused:

Was in old san juan a couple years ago and ate at this restaurant and sat at the little bar to the left and drank the BEST mojitos ever. We ordered some appetizers which were very good. Were going back in 2 weeks and would like to go to that same place but cannot remember the name!

it was very authentic food, nothing fancy, and all we can really remember was that it was very open-aired... open archways without glass windows, my bf remembers there even being parts of the restaurant with no ceiling, just open.

I know its not much to go by but just thought maybe some people had some suggestions! thanks!

If parts of the restaurant had no ceiling, it sounds like El Picateo at the El Convento, but I don't know if that qualifies as "nothing fancy". http://www.elconvento.com/dining/el-picoteo.aspx

Another possibility is El Jibarito on Calle Sol, which is designed like an open courtyard, but is actually indoors. Here's a link to their site, there's a photo of the restaurant on the main page. http://www.eljibaritopr.com/

Might be Baru.

http://www.barupr.com/

Archived