Small - Portable - Child Back Carriers?

AmyinVail

We have this monstrous Eddie Bauer back carrier for our daughter which is great for hikes, but impossible to pack for travel. We're thinking about ditching the stroller this cruise (bumpy roads of Mexico, etc.) as she's 2.5 years old and doesn't stay put in one and instead getting one of those small, portable back carriers. I can't find one that looks lightweight and still foldable to put in suitecase. Any ideas? She's about 27lbs, and my DH would carry her on his back most of the time.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I wanted one of these for my last vacation, but didn't want to spend much since I probably would never use it again. I got mine at a second hand childrens store abd it looked like it had never been used. Maybe check at a place like that if you don't mind that mind of thing. Have you seen the new Hip Hammock by Playtex? I am considering one of these as it holds kids even when they are a bit bigger,has a higher weight limit than regular back pack type carriers. Think it is around $35-$40. GL!

This is the one we took on one of our cruises and used it on a Mayan ruins tour. Our daughter was 16 mos. old at the time.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/232323399/232327921LOmNYB

It's by Kelty. I got it on sale at one of the local sporting goods store for around $85.

I have a carseat cover/carrier with a strap that I use for traveling with a carseat, and I use that to take the backpack in. It's light, but it makes it even easier for toting around. Plus, at the other the cruise, I stuffed it full of dirty laundry. :)

Archived