New cruiser with New Orleans parking question

cugrad

My fiancee and I are planning on a 7 night NCL cruise departing Jan 16 from New Orleans. We want to arrive the day before and spend the night of the 15th.

I am booking my cruise through priceline which gives me a $70 off coupon to book a hotel through them. However, it looks like booking through priceline means I don't get any sort of "park and cruise" packages.

Does it sound reasonable to park at the port terminal the night of the 15th, walk to the hotel (probably Hilton or Marriot at the convention center) then walk back the next day? If we stayed at the Hilton I can get the room for $119-70+7x$18 for parking at the port which works out to a reasonable number.

I realize my plan sounds a little convoluted which is why I wanted to run it by those more familiar with the area and cruising. Thanks.

The is a discounted lot across from the port that you might want to consider and walk to the port. Thats what I would do.

Im doing the $99 special for Holiday Inn Superdome which includes parking in their garage and shuttle to the port.

Iv tried to figure things both ways, do a cheap $50 hotwire special for instance in the qtr, and it never adds up to making sense to not do a park n cruise special so far for me.

The is a discounted lot across from the port that you might want to consider and walk to the port. Thats what I would do.

Im doing the $99 special for Holiday Inn Superdome which includes parking in their garage and shuttle to the port.

Iv tried to figure things both ways, do a cheap $50 hotwire special for instance in the qtr, and it never adds up to making sense to not do a park n cruise special so far for me.

Not sure if you have ever stayed @ the Holiday Inn Superdome, but Trip Advisor didn't have too many good reviews about it.:o

Archived