Roll Call: Silver Whisper, February 23 -- March 4

Petrea829

This will be my first cruise with Silversea. I've been on only one other cruise since losing my husband prematurely in early 2008. I love the Caribbean for its flowers, fauna, music and food, but I especially love to snorkel, so I'm looking for possible snorkeling buddies on this cruise. I'd love to hear from others who will be on board, and who have the same interest.

Petrea829

• 1 month later...

Hi Petrea,

This site looks a little sparce of participants. My husband (Mike) and I (Connie) just booked this cruise today. Kind of last minute, but still excited. Have you decided on your excursions yet? Silverseas web site is down, so we are unable to look at them. Sorry we are not big on snorkling. Looking forward to cruising with you.

Connie

This will be my first cruise with Silversea. I've been on only one other cruise since losing my husband prematurely in early 2008. I love the Caribbean for its flowers, fauna, music and food, but I especially love to snorkel, so I'm looking for possible snorkeling buddies on this cruise. I'd love to hear from others who will be on board, and who have the same interest.

Petrea829

We will be getting off the ship the day you board. I hope you'll find Silversea a welcoming and supportive environment in which to travel solo. I noticed that one of your ports is Antigua. We were there in October on the Spirit and took a Segway tour (in the rain). It was lots of fun, and our fellow "Segwegians" were a lively group. You might want to give it a try.

Have a wonderful trip.

Dear Connie and Mike,

Even if snorkeling isn't your thing, I love hearing from other CC cruisers who are going to be on this one.

I hope we can get a CC group together first night. After all, we've got two days to get to know each, so why don't we do just that!

Best, Judy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dear Connie and Mike,

Even if snorkeling isn't your thing, I love hearing from other CC cruisers who are going to be on this one.

I hope we can get a CC group together first night. After all, we've got two days to get to know each, so why don't we do just that!

Best, Judy

Hi Judy!

Haven't been on for awhile, but I see our group has not grown!!!!! Oh well. We could get together our first evening for a coctail if you'd like. Are you traveling with anyone? I am really excited about trying this cruise line. Our last cruise was pathetic for service.

I wish when you post something on this site there would be some sort of email notification if someone responds like you did.

I'm starting to count down the days now. Most of our excursions will be general tour the town since all of these ports are new for us. I'm sure you will find some diving buddies once you get on the ship. It should be some beautiful waters to dive in.

See you soon.

Connie

We are also on countdown to the cruise, have you booked the Bequia Sailing Tour as that includes snorkelling ?

We also went on the Kayak & Snorkel Eco Adventure last year and that is a brilliant trip - 1 of the best .

You will have a wonderful time with Silver Seas and be well looked after .

We are also on countdown to the cruise, have you booked the Bequia Sailing Tour as that includes snorkelling ?

We also went on the Kayak & Snorkel Eco Adventure last year and that is a brilliant trip - 1 of the best .

You will have a wonderful time with Silver Seas and be well looked after .

Yeah! Our group grows. We're short timers now people. I'm so ready to be on this cruise!

For 2cricketlovers: I really enjoy snorkeling -- but not if this very free sport is over-regulated and regimented. I thought I probably would join the Antigua kayak & snorkel Eco adventure, but I hope it's not too restrictive; likewise Bequia. I do plan to spend the half-day at Ki Taye Resort in St. Lucia. On a cruise I find I really miss the birds, lizards and flowers (the climate) of the Caribbean. I think that half day will help alleviate this sense of deprivation.

To Connnie and Mike and 2cricketlovers: I'd love to help organize a CC cruisers cocktail aboard Silver Whisper next week, but how do we do that as we don't know each other's last names? As this is my first time with Silversea, I'm clueless. Please help if you can -- thanks!

To Connnie and Mike and 2cricketlovers: I'd love to help organize a CC cruisers cocktail aboard Silver Whisper next week, but how do we do that as we don't know each other's last names? As this is my first time with Silversea, I'm clueless. Please help if you can -- thanks!

We could meet at the pool bar our first day at sea on thursday say 4:00?

I have medium length straight hair dark, medium height. My husband is short, same height as me with dark hair also. Don't know if you'll see this before you leave, but we'll check the bar at that time in case. Happy sailing!

Greetings! We (me, wife, son, daughter) will also be joining you for this cruise.

The three of us that hail from Oregon will be easy to spot as we will be as pale as mushrooms, except my daughter who insists she will be tan as an orange using some sort of chemical process. My son who lives in sunnier climates will not be so pale, but should be easy to spot as he is 6' 5". I am pretty excited about the trip (but not the flight as it feels like I live on airplanes these days) and my daughter has informed me that she is officially "STOKED". The destinations look great, all new to me despite several Caribbean sailboat trips in the past. I like the tip on the Segways and will go look at that one. Will make a point of having a drink at the pool bar on Thursday 4pm. Probably will not be the 1st of the day or the trip :)

-Joe Murphy

Archived