Shuttle Launch - December 17, 2010

BC Todd

I posted this on the Florida board as well.

We are in Miami starting our second leg of our B2B on December 17th. I was wondering if we will be able to see the Shuttle launch from POM. Even seeing a white contrail would be a dream come true.:)

The launch is after dark, so if the skies are clear you will be able to see the orange/red glow. It looks like you are going to the Bahamas, so you should have an awesome view. There is nothing more gorgeous than an night time launch. That being said, as others have mentioned, the shuttle usually does not lift off on the scheduled date. Just keep up with the news, it is possible you will see it on the 18th or 19th.

We return to Cape Canaveral on 12/18. If the shuttle is one day late lifting off, we will stay and watch the lift-off. Our last stop is Key West, so we will be sailing up the east coast on 12/17 - perfect spot to watch the lift-off. Good luck.

So if you are south of Canaveral, like Miami you can't see the shuttle going up?

I live in Charleston, SC and I can see it from my backyard.

Wow, really? very cool!

I'm across the river from the space center, and watch from my front yard. On the days that I am at work, in Orlando, not so much. Yes, if the weather is conducive - but if there are clouds, not so good. Night shots are spectacular.

Archived