Catholic Mass in San Juan

pambo

We have been to the cathedral in Old San Juan on several visits...you are correct, it is a beautiful experience!

The Spanish Mass in the beautiful Cathedral is really remarkable and a great experience. And we don't speak Spansih.

What about a mass in the condado area near the Radisson Ambassador? are there Saturday masses as well?

There's a very nice Catholic church in Condado with English-language Masses. It's only a block from Ashford Ave, where most of the hotels are. If you look at the map on the church website the Radisson is just west of the Ashford Medical Center. You'll be a 5-min walk from the church and it's a perfectly safe, nice residential neighborhood.

Schedule according to the website:

Saturday: 7:00 A.M. & 6:00 P.M. English: 4:30 P.M.

Sunday: 8:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M. & 6:00 P.M.

English: 9:30 A.M. & 12:30 P.M.

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me if there is public buses that would run from El Canario in Condado to the Caribe Hilton?

Also can anyone confirm that the Caribe still has mass in English at 9AM?

Did San Juan change time along with the US this weekend??

Don't know about the buses or mass at CH, sorry :o but I just wanted to give another plug to Stella Maris, which is in easy walking distance to your hotel, has a number of masses in English and is a very nice church (note, I have no ties to this church--I'm Episcopalian--but it's very convenient for visitors!)

Regarding the time, PR is on Atlantic time year-round, no time change. During DST we are even with Eastern time, in the winter we're one hour ahead. HTH! :)

Don't know about the buses or mass at CH, sorry :o but I just wanted to give another plug to Stella Maris, which is in easy walking distance to your hotel, has a number of masses in English and is a very nice church (note, I have no ties to this church--I'm Episcopalian--but it's very convenient for visitors!)

Regarding the time, PR is on Atlantic time year-round, no time change. During DST we are even with Eastern time, in the winter we're one hour ahead. HTH! :)

Amapola, thank so much for the info. This is for my parents who are in their 70's and I wasn't crazy about sending them on the bus anyway. They will now be able to walk to the church. Is this area safe at night?

Amapola, thank so much for the info. This is for my parents who are in their 70's and I wasn't crazy about sending them on the bus anyway. They will now be able to walk to the church. Is this area safe at night?

it is one block south from Marriott Stelaris Hotel, it is a small parish called Parroquia Stella Maris right in front of a park., very easy to find

it is one block south from Marriott Stelaris Hotel, it is a small parish called Parroquia Stella Maris right in front of a park., very easy to find

Thanks so much, sorry for the repeat in the question. I was asking about the catholic mass before I had the hotel booked. Then I forgot to go back to the beginning of the thread and re-read.

Archived