Miami Parking - Airport vs. Port

Hswillia07

Hi there!

My husband and I will be sailing out of Miami on the Epic in January and I have heard some talk about parking at the airport being a fair bit cheaper than at the Port. I guess I'm just looking for any specific information on which airport parking lot, associated costs, lot supervision, etc. Any information would be great!

Thanks!

Hi there!

My husband and I will be sailing out of Miami on the Epic in January and I have heard some talk about parking at the airport being a fair bit cheaper than at the Port. I guess I'm just looking for any specific information on which airport parking lot, associated costs, lot supervision, etc. Any information would be great!

Thanks!

Start here : ;)

http://cheapparkfly.com/?gclid=CO21yq7ZxqUCFQjd4Aod1XzGYA

Parking at POM is covered, safe and secure, but costs $20/day - a bargain compared to what some downtwon and Miami Beach hotels charge for parking. :eek:

If you park away from POM you'll need a taxi/shuttle to get to the port and then again back to your car. Check out www.parksleepfly.com for hotels offering free parking with a one-night stay; most will be out near the MIA airport -- if a "free" shuttle is not part of the package then it will cost about $10 per person for a commercial shuttle service to POM, or $25-30 for a cab. The same taxi fare will get you back to your car after the cruise.

You may find cheaper hotels offering cruise parking deals near FLL - then you can use SAS (www.ridesas.com) to get to/from POM; typical fare is $15 per person each way and the ride takes 45 minutes or so.

On a long cruise (7+ nights) it might be worth the savings -- on a shorter cruise, not to me. Good luck!:)

I would HIGHLY recommend SAS out of FLL. We were unable to secure flights from Boston to Miami, so we flew into FLL. We used SAS; thanks to referrals from CC. They were punctual, called my cell to confirm our pickup time and were very helpful with detailed specifications on where they would be picking us up after our cruise. Considering it is usually a flat rate of $24 from MIA airport, for a taxi, we took the SAS shuttle for $15 pp ($6 more for a ride that was from FLL). The driver was the same back and forth and he was professional, personable and loved his job. Use SAS with confidence!!!

Archived