Lirica April 22

ROXANNE

My husband and I are sailing on April 22. Our Travel agent has been on this ship and raved about it. Said service was great, food was great and it was a beautiful ship. We are looking forward to it. I have been trying to find driving direction and parking at the terminal info.. We live in Florida so we will be driving down.:o

Fiorita

My husband and I are sailing on April 22. Our Travel agent has been on this ship and raved about it. Said service was great, food was great and it was a beautiful ship. We are looking forward to it. I have been trying to find driving direction and parking at the terminal info.. We live in Florida so we will be driving down.:o

Fiorita

Here is a link to information on Port Everglades, including driving directions and parking information.

http://www.broward.org/poi02500.htm

Hopefully, you will find it helpful. Does anyone who is on this sailing wish to swap e-mails in anticipation of our cruise. If so, my e-mail address is bthorn1108@aol.com. Talk to you all later and have a pleasant weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seriously considering it. Will be on my own and the single rates aren't that outragous. Hoping to make this trip not too expensive so hoping to trade in some miles and maybe hotel points. I'm a little on the young side (37) and I know that longer cruisers attract an older demographic, but I need a long break and this may do the trick. Also, while I really enjoyed my Carnival cruises I'm looking to try something different and this may do the trick

Have any of you gotten your doc. yet? I was told by on line TA that we will get them a week to 2 weeks before and that they will over night them. I am looking forward to this trip very much and from what I have heard the ship is beautiful and service is great.:)

Have any of you gotten your doc. yet? I was told by on line TA that we will get them a week to 2 weeks before and that they will over night them. I am looking forward to this trip very much and from what I have heard the ship is beautiful and service is great.:)

The documents have not arrived from MSC to the agency yet. From previous cruisers, it appears that MSC is not very efficient in getting documents out early. I'm not going to worry about it, as long as my name is on the manifest, I will arrive with my passport and everything will be fine.

It's only 5 weeks from today and I'm starting to count down the days :)

:) I am so happy we can home tonight from being gone all day and there was a package between our front doors. In it were our MSC cruise doc. It was in a nice pouch with baggage tags and a up grade. I am thrilled. Hope you all get your doc. tomorrow. They came from our on line TA. I must be honest I have never booked on cruise on line till this one and it has gone smooth so far.

Hope to hear that you all got your tomorrow

Fiorita:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Not to worry! I sailed Lirica on 2/15/05 for 11 nights. The food was great, the ship is beautiful, the Entertainment Team will keep you laughing and moving every night and the crew was great. Not everyone on this ship has an advanced degree in English so take a little extra time and explain carefully what you really want and how you want it and they will make it happen. Enjoy!

Our documents arrived in the mail yesterday. We are in cabin 10084, which according to the deck plan, is pretty good placement. It was very nostalgic, getting a paper ticket, which looked like it was printed on a dot-matrix printer. Brought back a flood of memories about our first cruises. Anticipation is growing now, and I can't wait, just over 3 weeks now :)

Hi!

We are looking forward to cruise this cruise. This is our first time on MSC! But I work at the pier for MSC on the Lirica & Opera as a Check-in Agent. I am looking forward to checking all of us in on our cruise!!!! I am working our ship - the Lirica tomorrow! I have heard very good feedback from the departing passengers about the food, service & entertainment!!!!

We always look forward to meeting new & old cruise critic friends. So many experiences and stories to hear and exchange. We have done 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11 & 14 days in the Caribbean [ all over!], Panama Canal and Alaska. We enjoy doing holiday cruises. I started Jerry on a 3 day Sovereign of the Seas cruise in an inside 117 sq. ft cabin in 1999. He was hooked!!!! Now 40 some cruises later we still love it!

We are Diamond Members [15 ] with RCCL. We have been on the Sovereign, Majesty, Grandeur Voyager, Explorer (inaugural over Halloween), Radiance (inaugural Caribbean), and Navigator. We are also Elite Members with Celebrity [23]. We have sailed on the Mercury (also an escape cruise - too much fun! NO KIDS!), Century, Millennium (inaugural), and Summit. Plus Platinum Member on Princess [7] the Grand , Coral , Golden, and the love boat. Carnival we have sailed the Triumph, Fantasy, Fascination, Spirit, Legend, and Glory. Holland America we have 76 days and have sailed several of the dam ships. Some are the Old Westerdam, Zanndam (inaugural) and Volendam to name a few of the dam ships.

And who knows what other places to go and see! And people to meet!!!!!

See ya’ll soon!

Jo Ella & Jerry

Hi Ya'll!

I work for MSC and we uses Pier 4 by the Convention Center. I will let ya'll know if there is a change because I will be working the day that we cruise and return. I am a check-in agent at the pier. I view th Licira the last time it was in port. She is a beautiful ship. VERY Classy!!!!!! We are looking forward in sailing on her!!

Thanks for letting us know what pier to go to. We will be driving down that day from visiting some friends in Melbourne. What time can we get on the ship? Will we be able to park somewhere near the pier? It must be great working so close to all these cruise ships. Maybe we could all met for breakfast on Saturday morning.

We will be leave home on April 17 and heading for South Florida from the Panhandle. I will check in to see if any thing has changed with the pier.

Looking forward to the cruise.

See you all soon,

Fiorita:)

• 2 weeks later...

Sound good!!!! Jerry & I are not early morinig people! So let's meet about 9 - 9:30am at the Beverly Hills Bar on Deck 5 by the shopping area. That way we can decide what we want to do.!?!

I'll be working Friday....maybe I'll check you in for our cruise!

See you soon!

Jo Ella

Yo-

You all are just two days from embarkation on the great "Lirica"

I just wanted to wish you all a very happy and rewarding cruise - if it is half as good as ours was - it will be fantastic for you!!!

You are sure to enjoy yourselves - be sure to watch those great Antimation kids - it gets better every day!!!

Enjoy-

Happy Cruisin'

Mike

Archived