Big balcony

bluehenfan

We did the same thing. At first we booked an extended balcony on Miracle then I read on CC about 6232. Checked into it and yes, we are booked! It wasn't any more $$$ than the extended. Maybe because we are sailing in November?

Baconisgood, did you check out the recent pricedrop? I was able to get $80 taken off what I owe. Yippie!

Sweet! Congrats on the price drop, that is always a good thing! Thanks for the heads up, I just checked, no drop for me at this time

I do try to check a couple of times a week! :)

You definitely got the better end of the deal IMO! We had a suite on the Miracle in May...was great, but I would rather pay less and have the huge balcony (which we had on the Legend last month). Regular balcony is about 8 feet, our suite was about 16, and the supersized that you have is 24!:D Here is 7258...same as yours, but one flight up (we have 8232 on our upcoming Miracle and I am so happy!)

P1000097.jpg

Enjoy!!!!!!

Hello fellow cruisers, we have room 7258 on the Victory, corner wrap aft, is this the same room as on the Victory?

Thanks

Has anyone stayed in 6473 on the Valor? I just booked this for our November cruise.

I never stayed in anything but a regular balcony before. This looks a lot larger according to

to the ships diagram. I was a little concerned about being above the show lounge, but felt better being that it was near the back of the lounge rather than over the stage area.

Hello fellow cruisers, we have room 7258 on the Victory, corner wrap aft, is this the same room as on the Victory?

Thanks

Are you sure about that cabin number? 7258 is an ocean suite...around midship. I don't think that class of ship has any of these super balconies. If you have 7258, your balcony will be about double the width of a regular balcony, so still nice!

Has anyone stayed in 6473 on the Valor? I just booked this for our November cruise.

I never stayed in anything but a regular balcony before. This looks a lot larger according to

to the ships diagram. I was a little concerned about being above the show lounge, but felt better being that it was near the back of the lounge rather than over the stage area.

We have the cabin above yours for the Freedom in Nov. We saw the Valor while on our last cruise and the balcony is about double the size as the regular ones. Short of the aft wraps, I think that's the biggest balcony you can get on this class of ship. Hopefully you won't have any noise issues:)

Hi I am new to all this. Been on 3 cruises so far...royal and princess..both lines we had an inside room. We are planning on going with friends next fall on the legend and was wondering about balcony rooms. Since we have never had one...what is the difference between extended and regular? Also, which section of the ship is better for a balcony....aft, middle, or back (sorry dont know the correct term) thanks so much!

Hi I am new to all this. Been on 3 cruises so far...royal and princess..both lines we had an inside room. We are planning on going with friends next fall on the legend and was wondering about balcony rooms. Since we have never had one...what is the difference between extended and regular? Also, which section of the ship is better for a balcony....aft, middle, or back (sorry dont know the correct term) thanks so much!

All of the Balcony terms are a bit overwhelming. I’m no expert on this, but here is my understanding of each...

• A standard balcony is the smallest, its enough room for 2 chairs and a small table.
  • A Premium Balcony is usually about double the size of a standard balcony, In most cases its twice as deep
  • An extended balcony are usually quite a bit longer (I.E. you would be able to line up more chairs on it).
  • An aft balcony are directly off the back of the ship, they are usually considered premium as they are deeper than a standard balcony
  • An Aft wrap is on the back corners of the ship and wrap around to the side.

Hope that helps!

All of the Balcony terms are a bit overwhelming. I’m no expert on this, but here is my understanding of each...

• A standard balcony is the smallest, its enough room for 2 chairs and a small table.
  • A Premium Balcony is usually about double the size of a standard balcony, In most cases its twice as deep
  • An extended balcony are usually quite a bit longer (I.E. you would be able to line up more chairs on it).
  • An aft balcony are directly off the back of the ship, they are usually considered premium as they are deeper than a standard balcony
  • An Aft wrap is on the back corners of the ship and wrap around to the side.

Hope that helps!

Also, I never worry too much about location of the balcony. If your prone to sea sickness, mid ship is usually the best choice. Whenever possible, I try to pick a balcony that is not obstructed, and not over the life boats (I like to look straight down to the water). Finally, depending on how much time you want to spend with your friends, you might ask your TA or PVP to have adjoining balconies and have them open the divider between them. I believe they can do this on the Legend J

Are you sure about that cabin number? 7258 is an ocean suite...around midship. I don't think that class of ship has any of these super balconies. If you have 7258, your balcony will be about double the width of a regular balcony, so still nice!

We have the cabin above yours for the Freedom in Nov. We saw the Valor while on our last cruise and the balcony is about double the size as the regular ones. Short of the aft wraps, I think that's the biggest balcony you can get on this class of ship. Hopefully you won't have any noise issues:)

Sorry! you are correct. I looked at the wrong cruise, we have 7425 on the Victory.

I was one of the ones who upgraded from a extended balcony modified cabin (6234)- to a suite. (6183)

For me the thought of no bathtub was the whole reason for the upgrade. I hope I didn't make a mistake! Oh and I upgraded for $195 a person.

I much rather the room inside then the room outside but I am traveling with my husband and 2 small children:) Enjoy:D

Also, I never worry too much about location of the balcony. If your prone to sea sickness, mid ship is usually the best choice. Whenever possible, I try to pick a balcony that is not obstructed, and not over the life boats (I like to look straight down to the water). Finally, depending on how much time you want to spend with your friends, you might ask your TA or PVP to have adjoining balconies and have them open the divider between them. I believe they can do this on the Legend J

Okay, now I remember chatting with you before:o about 6232. You do know that there are lifeboats below 6232, right? I didn't until after I booked but I don't care since I will be sitting on my chaise lounge looking straight out into the water. My DH said he likes to look down at the water so it might bug him, but he said he'll get over it for the bowling alley balcony!

Okay, now I remember chatting with you before:o about 6232. You do know that there are lifeboats below 6232, right? I didn't until after I booked but I don't care since I will be sitting on my chaise lounge looking straight out into the water. My DH said he likes to look down at the water so it might bug him, but he said he'll get over it for the bowling alley balcony!

Yeah, I saw that they are one deck down. But I guess its a good trade off for the Balcony size.

Archived