pearl vs oasis

dlon

I was trying to decide between The Pearl and The Oasis. For 100.00 less I was able to get one of the penthouse suites at the very front of the ship on The Pearl vs a jr suite on The Oasis.(i also received a 300.00 onboard credit) I booked The Pearl but now am questioning if I made a mistake. It just dawned on me there must be a reason those penthouses are currently so cheap and available(cruise is in Oct.) Please tell me I didn't make a mistake:(

Thanks,

Donna

Hi Donna,

There's another thread that addresses this issue pretty well (the poster was trying to decide between NCL Pearl and RCCL Allure of the Seas). I'm going to try to paste the link here, but I'm pretty new to CC so I might mess it up. If the link doesn't come across, the title of the thread is something like "Just got off Epic - will we be disappointed with Pearl?" and was last updated last night at 11:3-ish. People on that thread had good things to say about the Penthouse Suites, though they seemed to be the penthouses at the back.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1314824

I just cruised Oasis and then the Norwegian Gem (Pearl's sister ship) and I don't think you can make a mistake if you're choosing between the two - they're both great. I love the big-ship experience and thought the entertainment on Oasis was fantastic, so that would be my choice, but she's not for everyone.

I am fairly familiar with the Pearl, but not the Oasis. I can't imagine that you will be unhappy with the AC suite in the front of the ship. You get a large cabin with a table for dining, a sitting area, large closet and dressing area and a very large balcony. Some have said the forward facing balconies are too windy, but we were in the AA Owner's Suite next door with a similar balcony and rarely found that to be the case. With the AC you also will have an upgraded breakfast and lunch at Cagney's restaurant, upgraded suite room service menu.

Do your research on the boards and you'll know what to do.

Archived