Several Questions about Triumph---Leaving in 3 Days!!!!

globe9

Leaving on the Triumph out of NOLA this Monday 12/6 and have a few last minute questions.

First off, anyone who's boarded the Triumph lateley, can you tell me what is a good time to get to the pier? We like to get there early and get on as soon as possible, but we don't want to be waiting around for hours either. I told my parents to pick us up in Metairie(close to the airport) at 9:30am....I've never left out of NOLA on a weekday, much less a Monday, and don't know what the traffic is going to be like, so I wanted to give us some extra time. Figure we'll be getting to the pier about 10:15 or 10:30am....is this too soon? Or ok?

Next, it's going to be cold when we board her(according to weathercasts), like in the 40's. So we're going to be wearing warm clothes that day. Not sure what the weather will be like the day we disembark, so I'm going to want to do some laundry onboard in case it's cold again(that way I can wear the same thing)....how much does it cost to do use the washer? the dryer? We will be bringing a small box of detergent with us. I assume it takes quarters right? Want to make sure we have the right amount of change.

Does anyone know what movies they've been showing on the big screen lately?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm getting soooo excited. Can't wait!

Hi, I havent been on for months, but I did a B2B last dec (and Ill be following you this dec 16).

I was at the Holiday Inn whose shuttle left on the hour, every hour, so I couldnt wait until 11 am to leave, we left at 10 am. They tried to talk some of us out of it, but off we went. The driver said this is the worst time to go, after 11 am it will die down, now its a hour wait to get into the port area and traffic was backed up as far as you could see. Luckily he found ways to cut diagonally thru the traffic snakes and we got in and he dumped us off. It really was at least 30 minutes too early, but I like to be there before 11 am.

I only brought a hoodie and it was still in the 40s the next morning, so np, just waited until Noon to go up by the pool. The hoodie was enough for me.

The laundry is $2 to wash and $2 to dry for each load. The purser's desk will be able to provide change for you.

I am planning to be at the pier around 10:30- 11:00. Sometimes boarding begins between 11:30 - 11:45.

I have heard they have been showing Avitar on the big screen.

Leaving on the Triumph out of NOLA this Monday 12/6 and have a few last minute questions.

First off, anyone who's boarded the Triumph lateley, can you tell me what is a good time to get to the pier? We like to get there early and get on as soon as possible, but we don't want to be waiting around for hours either. I told my parents to pick us up in Metairie(close to the airport) at 9:30am....I've never left out of NOLA on a weekday, much less a Monday, and don't know what the traffic is going to be like, so I wanted to give us some extra time. Figure we'll be getting to the pier about 10:15 or 10:30am....is this too soon? Or ok?

Next, it's going to be cold when we board her(according to weathercasts), like in the 40's. So we're going to be wearing warm clothes that day. Not sure what the weather will be like the day we disembark, so I'm going to want to do some laundry onboard in case it's cold again(that way I can wear the same thing)....how much does it cost to do use the washer? the dryer? We will be bringing a small box of detergent with us. I assume it takes quarters right? Want to make sure we have the right amount of change.

Does anyone know what movies they've been showing on the big screen lately?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm getting soooo excited. Can't wait!

We got a call a few days before our cruise from Carnival telling us to be at the port at 10:30, a lot of people on our roll call also got this message. We were worried that it would be crowded at 10:30 so we got there at 9:30 and we pulled right into the parking garage, the porter took our luggage and we parked. I was afraid they would not let us park that early, there were still some people getting off the ship. Only the VIP check-in was open but it didn't take long but we did have to wait until 11:30 to board the ship. Still I'd rather be all checked in and sitting than to have to stand in a long line.

We were on last month. We got to the pier around 11am. I would get there sooner as it seemed crowded. We had priorty boarding but our Zone had already passed by the time we checked through and ended up in Zone 2. If we had not had priority would have had Zone 12.

I know they were playing Invicus (not sure of spelling), How to Train Your Dragon, and a few others we did not watch. They do change those frequently though because they were different from the movies just 2 weeks prior. The movies will be listed in your Fun Times, although the times may be a little fluid. If you watch the first night be sure to take a blanket or something to keep you warm. My DD wanted to see How to Train Your Dragon and I was really cold, kept getting coffee from the buffet area.

We did not do laundry but passed by the laundry room and it always seemed busy. It was cold the first night and really too cool for me to put on a bathing suit for the first sea day too, but I am from the South and like it in the upper 80's, 90's before I swim. We did see several in bathing suits and enjoying the water slide.

Have a great time, wish I was going back soon. We LOVED the Triumph and had a great cruise. If you end up in the London Dining Room you will really enjoy Paul the maitre d', he tries to make it special.

Any other questions I would be glad to try and help.

Archived