does Carnival have "semi-formal" attire

MamaParrotHead

at dinner on non-formal nights? this was brought up over in "cruise fashions", but nobody knows there how Carnival specifically works. I know that the 1st night is pretty "come as you are" for dinner, and the 2 formal nights...but what about the other nights? I was looking to pack some dress pants some short-sleeved knit shirts/wraps and some cute sandals. anyone??? thanks in advance!

Dinner on non-formal nights is pretty casual. You will see for ladies wearing sun dresses, skirts, capris with dressed up tops, slacks with nice tops. The guide line is "Resort casual". There are many interpretations of that term. Some even feel blue jeans fit into that category although greatly debated here on CC. If you want to blend in, any of the suggestions I made would be fine.

Men usually wear khakis, and polo’s, or Hawaiian shirts.

Good Lord!!! With all the people who post questions about NOT wearing a jacket on formal night...I can't imagine how confused people would get over semi-formal wear :rolleyes:

Mamma...what you suggested for the casual dinner nights sounds just fine. :D You'll be comfortable and will be totally, appropriately dressed!!!

I want to say on our first cruise with Carnival in '99 they had 2 formals and a semi-formal, and the rest were casual. Then our second cruise in Nov '04 there were only 2 formals, and the rest were casual. I tended to dress up all nights for dinner anyway, because it's fun and I don't get to do that much at home. I was the "least" dressed up for the first night, but I still wore a skirt with a cotton top.

What you described wearing will be just right :)

Archived