Jalousie Beach / Pitons / boat tour?

german89

Hey Dave,

Have you had this confirmed? We are on the same one but Spencer said there is only 6 of us and he needs 10. He offered to take the 6 for an additional amount due to fuel costs etc and we said we were happy to pay 100 dollars each. He has said you were aswell but the other couple only asked for the van price. Havent heard anymore whether this will be going ahead or not.

• 4 weeks later...

we used Spencer Ambrose for a trip to Jalousie beach. It was very easy to find him just where he said he would be. It was a bit crowded but after a short wait we walked maybe 100 yards to the marina and boarded a boat. The boat looked a bit suspect but ran very well and got us around with no problem- don't let the boat frighten you:D. The driver was Mango- he was wonderful! The tour of the island coast was beautiful. Jalousie beach was beautiful but there were not enough chairs available for groups that came through later (and groups arrived continuously). Lots of folks had to sit on their towels where ever they could find a spot. Lunch was picnic style and served from tupperware containers by some women who where waiting for us on the beach. Food was good, beer was plentiful. Heading back was a bit chaotic but Spencer made sure everyone got back on time. All in all it was a very good trip- there are nicer boats around for sure (this is not a luxury catamaran and the food was a bit low budget) but the scenery made up for that and I would recommend this trip if luxury and food choice are low on your list!

We had a great time:D

I've been getting a little worried about our Spencer Ambrose Beach Break that I have booked for our April cruise. It seems a little hit and miss on the service. I am thinking we may be better off going to Vigie beach or something closer. It doesn't really sound like it is worth the 90 minutes everybody say's it takes to get to Jalousie.

We were on the same tour with Big Red (in fact, have that same pic in our album, lol). Yes, LOTS of shots of the Pitons....here is the album if you want to peruse:

http://picasaweb.google.com/vanessa.1963/CarnivalMiracle#

Vanessa - wanted to thank you for the lovely pictures of St. Lucia. I've read good and bad about Ambrose, but your pictures put me at ease. Can't wait!

I've been getting a little worried about our Spencer Ambrose Beach Break that I have booked for our April cruise. It seems a little hit and miss on the service. I am thinking we may be better off going to Vigie beach or something closer. It doesn't really sound like it is worth the 90 minutes everybody say's it takes to get to Jalousie.

Takes more like an hour to get there and the scenery is beautiful- the ride is very nice but you are not on a luxury catamaran- you're in a boat that seats 8 people max. If you are on the early tour you can get a lounge chair but later tours did not have chairs. Lunch was fair but it was local food and the ladies did all the cooking. Good tour- beautiful shore line.

There are 5 of us and Spencer emailed me that there would be another 6 joining our group, but that there is plenty of room, I'm not so sure if you think 8 is the max, I don't want to be that crowded for an hour+ each way. I have really been watching these threads since we are a month away, I don't want to cancel at the last minute and cause Mr. Ambrose any problems, but I hate to spend 350.00 and not be very satisfied with the day either. Thanks for your opinion, it is much appreciated.

Cruisinleelee, If you get a chance if you haven't already I hope you post something on all of the ports you visited. I am also having a hard time with Barbados and St Kitts, Barbados because there are so many good choices and St Kitts because it seems that some people love Cockleshell and others hate it, some love the Marriott and others hate it, so I have been checking all the posts.

There are 5 of us and Spencer emailed me that there would be another 6 joining our group, but that there is plenty of room, I'm not so sure if you think 8 is the max, I don't want to be that crowded for an hour+ each way. I have really been watching these threads since we are a month away, I don't want to cancel at the last minute and cause Mr. Ambrose any problems, but I hate to spend 350.00 and not be very satisfied with the day either. Thanks for your opinion, it is much appreciated.

He used 2 boats the day we went- our small boat for 8 maybe 9 and his "spencer ambrose tours" boat which is the one you see on his website- larger for sure but I have no idea how many people can fit- maybe another 8 or 9. If you are meeting him at 8:30 and going straight to the beach you should be fine.

Cruisinleelee, If you get a chance if you haven't already I hope you post something on all of the ports you visited. I am also having a hard time with Barbados and St Kitts, Barbados because there are so many good choices and St Kitts because it seems that some people love Cockleshell and others hate it, some love the Marriott and others hate it, so I have been checking all the posts.

We went to Lobster Alive beach in Barbados. Nice beach close to town- food very expensive but 2 beach chairs plus a huge umbrella for $15 and 3 free drink tickets. Good deal:D. Cab drivers were reluctant to take us there because it was so close- they wanted a larger fare so we had a bit of trouble getting a cab.

Archived