Pregnant cruising on Carnival

sunquest76

I know I have to complete the medical form to cruise while pregnant, but does it have to be a certain amount of time before the cruise? Can I get the form completed in December for a February cruise (as long as I am still < 2 weeks)?

Most cruiselines will not allow you to cruise if you will enter your 26th week during the cruise.

It's moot in this case, but I believe that most cruise lines have lowered that threshold to the 24th week. I know that Carnival is one of the lines that has changed to the "must not have entered 24th week before disembarkation" rule.

beachchic

• 4 weeks later...

I cruised pregnant last May. I faxed the letter signed by my Dr. several weeks in advance (approx. 8wks I think). They replied back within a few days confirming that they had received it. They asked for the original letter upon boarding. From my experience it seemed that they don't care when they get it as long as they do get it in advance. There doesn't seem to be any advantage to waiting. You might as well just get it in when you can so it's done. If your condition changes between the time you submit the letter and when you cruise it's up to you to decide (in consultation with your Dr.) if you should still cruise or not.

Archived