followup: Anyone send bags via FedEx

cctimmom

As a follow up to my question about using different airlines to get from home to port... has anyone ever used FedEx to ship their luggage pre-cruise?

I was recently picking up a package at a FedEx location and saw they had special shipping bags for luggage. I didn't think much of it for our trip, but the woman there mentioned that it many people ship their bags to their location because it can be cheaper than the airline fees. Now that I think of it, if we potentially have to pay 2 baggage fees for the 2 different airlines, I thought maybe now this might make sense.

We are arriving the day before the ship departs and checking into a hotel. If we shipped the bags and they arrived to the hotel a couple days before, would hotels generally hold them for you? (I can call, just figured I'd ask if anyone has experience with this)... or would I ship them to the port and would they hold them until departure (and would I claim it any time prior to departure)?

Archived