QM2 Beach towels for excursions???

Lumberton-Lady

On board now...here's the latest:

Green towels in bathroom cabinet under sink (Britannia Class). Make sure you return them to your cabin after excursions or pool use, or you will be charged. -Salacia

Thanks for that info.............i did read somewhere that someone was charged via credit card after the cruise $50 each:eek: for 2 missing excursion towels so be sure to check they are there from day one.

Julie

Thanks for that info.............i did read somewhere that someone was charged via credit card after the cruise $50 each:eek: for 2 missing excursion towels so be sure to check they are there from day one.

Julie

That's a lot of money for worn out towels! BTW, the bathrobes supplied to us are really shabby looking---and for the first time, I didn't pack my own robe.

QM2 sailing thru a storm right now, just got pelted with hail. Rough seas for the past 48 hours, which is fun for those of us who love the rock n' roll.

Suggestions to those on Dec. 8 voyage: bring your supply of sea sickness meds if your prone to sea sickness. Women might want to pack lower heeled shoes for formals on sea days. Speaking of formals, I'm noticing men are wearing their Tux on formal nights (thanks gents!), but women aren't dressing as formally as they have in the past which makes for a rather odd contrast.

Cheers,

Salacia

Be careful with the pool towels under your cabin washbasin or wherever. We were on a Winter transatlantic and hadn't noticed whether or not they were there. We never use them anyway, not even in the Winter! A month after getting home I noticed a charge on my Amex card of $80 for pool towels missing when we departed. I took the matter up with both Amex and Cunard, and eventhough, we had travelled many times on Cunard, there was much hassle getting the $80 refunded. It even transpired that the towels were reported missing 2 days before we disembarked but nobody from Cunard had bothered to mention it to us.

In the end we were reimbursed. Who would ever want to pay $80 for second hand towels!? The important message is don't take the towels to the pool and leave them there.

We thought that was the end of it. Some 6 months later we received a nasty letter from Cunard accounts in California threatening to take us to court if the $80 for the towels wasn't paid within 7 days, which had long expired by the time we got the letter. This also created much hassle and we didn't travel with Cunard again for a long time.

Be warned!!

The towels are a good size but they are definitely showing their age. I don't usually use them so I wouldn't think to look for them. That's a good reminder to "take inventory" at the beginning of the trip.

Fortunately there are always (usually) plenty of towels around the pools which seem better than the ones in the cabins. If I were going ashore and needed one I would probably take one from the poolside stack. This is probably forbidden but there you go!

Fortunately there are always (usually) plenty of towels around the pools which seem better than the ones in the cabins. If I were going ashore and needed one I would probably take one from the poolside stack. This is probably forbidden but there you go!

Good thinking Batman:D I mean Captain!:)

Yes, I have done this and have yet to be arrested or thrown in the brig. Out of courtesy however I do always bring it back!

Archived