St Martin scuba diving?

Fourseventeen

My wife and I will be on a cruise in Feb 2011. We are doing a 2 tank dive in St Thomas and we are debating if we also want to dive St Martin as well while we are on our southen caribbean cruise. Anyone scuba dived out there before? Our #1 priority...we want to see Maho beach for the airplanes and lunch early afternoon. But morning we have not decided if we want to dive or do a little shopping or just a relaxing beach day. St Martin is the last day of our cruise and we have a flight home the next afternoon from Puerto Rico.

If you liked St Martin diving...what locations did you dive and which operator did you use. I have contacted Ocean Explorers and they do have availability.

I did a discover dive last year in St Martin with RCCL and was nice but not real clear in the area we were at. The diving outfit I had been taking to and was rally wanting to use was octopus diving. I contacted them by email and was really looking forward to diving with them but the times didn't fit for the dive and getting back to the boat on time since they were about a half hour or more from port depending on traffic. During our email conversations they were very nice and the reviews on them are great. If I remember right they are located in the Grand Case area. Maho beach for watching the planes in the afternoon is fantastic.

The Ump

John

Thanks John. I spoke with Octopus as well...they seemed wonderful BUT I was told they are about 45 mins or more (depending on traffic) from the ships pier so I didnt want to chance being that far from the ship on an already tight schedule. Where did you dive do you recall?

I book through RCCL and they used Scuba Fun and the dive was at Little Divi Bay. Part of the dive is were the helmet dive is also done. The people at Scuba Fun were great and we had a great time. Just wish the water would have been clearer like other island were we snorkeled.

Understand on the distance and travel time for making the ship on itme. That is reason I booked through ship instead of Octopus Diving also. What I have read and seen pictures the places they go to for diving look like they might be better for seeing things since they are on the calmer side of the island.

The Ump

John

Archived