Should I cancel my Tour?

Peaches166

Hi All,

I also posted this on the port of call board for Grand Cayman.

Anyhoo....We are scheduled to leave on the Valor on the 12th and I just checked the weather for GC for the 14th and it's showing Wind and Rain...Ahhh :(. We have a tour planned to do WaveRunners, stingray snorkle and rum runner beach...so, should I cancel now or wait to see how things plan out? This is our first cruise (but DH was in the Navy so he's not too concerned. He just says "we will wing it if need be"). Any thoughts?

you are as crazy as I was with our cruise last week, lol!! The weather showed partly cloudy days in Nassau and Grand Turk leading up to our ports. Guess what? Each port had morning rain, and clouds most of the days, no sun really to speak of except a bit in Nassau. I would wait a few more days and see than...

We are one the same boat as you next week and YES i have been looking at the weather already too, but hey what are we gonna do?!?! The weather is what it will be and the best part is that we will be on a boat right??

We booked our tour with some local guides for the stingrays, so i guess that we will just see how it goes.

Only 5 days to go until we get on the boat!!!

I did the stingray tour in the past and on the day we went it was windy and cool.. but the temp of the water was fabulous.. I wouldn't miss this excursion cuz of the weather.. it is amazing to swim with all the stingrays.. make sure to bring an under water camera :)

We are one the same boat as you next week and YES i have been looking at the weather already too, but hey what are we gonna do?!?! The weather is what it will be and the best part is that we will be on a boat right??

We booked our tour with some local guides for the stingrays, so i guess that we will just see how it goes.

Only 5 days to go until we get on the boat!!!

Well, I'm glad to hear it's not just me weather stalking..LOL...It's just that I'm really looking forward to jet skiing (I've never done it before) and I would hate for it to get cancelled due to the weather. I'm REALLY EXCITED. I can't even concentrate at work....I've been counting down on Facebook and I have some friends that are really jealous of me right now..LOL...

I did the stingray tour in the past and on the day we went it was windy and cool.. but the temp of the water was fabulous.. I wouldn't miss this excursion cuz of the weather.. it is amazing to swim with all the stingrays.. make sure to bring an under water camera :)

Will do!! I already have them packed. :D I started packing two weeks ago!!

Back in 2004, I sailed right after Hurricane Ivan wiped out Grand Cayman.... needless to say we didn't stop there. I had pre-booked our excursions through Captain Brian's~ when we got home I was pleasantly surprised to receive 100% refund for the 4 of us!!!!

I would not cancel. If the weather is too bad, and you booked with a reputable tour operator, they will cancel the tour and refund your money. This is my favorite excursion, even if is windy, it is still great!!! I went when a hurricane was coming in the first time and even tho the seas were really rough snorkeling, Stingray city was not rough at all. Have a great cruise!

Last week the weather report said it would be raining every one of our 8 days. We had rain late in the afternoon of one sea day - otherwise gorgeous weather.

Don't stress it - there's really nothing anyone can do to control it. Just make sure you can get a refund if you prepaid if conditions are deemed as unsafe to tender in, or if seas are too rough to do your excursion.

In May we came across some cool rainy weather in Grand Caymans. We had booked Stingray Sailing and it was pouring rain when we met Chip and his father at the pier and they offered us a refund if we didn't want to go to the sandbar in that weather. We decided to go and so did everybody else that booked that day. We had 18 on board. It was cool and raining going out and the rain stopped while we were in the water. The ride back was a little more than chilly, but we managed. The crew did a good job of putting up tarps on that catamaran and tried their best to keep us warm. This isn't the company that you booked, but if they are well recomended in the Caymans then I'm sure they would give you the option to cancel that day if the weather does not cooperate. If you decide to go, have a great time. We have some great memories from that less then perfect day.

Archived