Transportation to ship

msheky

Sailing in 2 weeks on the Liberty. I missed the window to order the luggage tags. How much do you think it is for a family of 4 + luggage from Miami airport to port? And how long is the drive?

I had read somewhere on the boards that if you don't use their luggage service...your stuff will be delivered faster. Especially if you give the porters a nice tip. Truth to that? (That might be why I subconsciously waited until it was too late!)

Will it be obvious who to give our luggage to once we arrive at the port?

Thanks!!

About $30 per taxi, fixed rate and about a 15-20 minute ride depending on traffic. Once you get to the port it is very obvious who to give the luggage to. You will need to get luggage tags from them.

I am not sure what you mean by luggage service. You get out and give your stuff to the porter only way I know of.

The guys who take your bags at the curb don't work for RCL and have nothing to do with getting your bags to your cabin. Just tip them what you think it's worth to move your bags from the curb to a large metal bin about 10 feet away.

If it's just two people and luggage then a taxi is probably best. We had 11 in our group and went from FLL to MIA port with a huge amount of luggage. I hired Jewell Limo who sent a mini-bus for all of us. It was $200 for a 21 pax mini bus all the way from FLL to the port, which was about a 45 mnute drive. I highly recommend them, check their www site for various size vehicles.

Archived