Anyone use A&E Tours in Grenada?

Perki

They have some great tours listed for $17 for a half-day (leaves us plenty of time to be at a beach for a few hours). Did a search on this board but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any info on this company!

Yes, I have the web address, and am considering booking a tour with them, but what I was hoping to get from this board was some feedback from anyone that had already taken a tour with them, good or bad. So far Mandoo seems to be talked about alot and I have considered him but I like to have options, and this tour company has prices listed with their tours and their tours look wonderful...so that is what I am trying to find out if anyone on this board has any 1st hand experience using this company. Thankyou!

We are booked to go with A&E in March - we also have been looking for past comments - but so far have not heard from anyone.

However, we have been in email contact with the company and they certainly seem very efficient from their emails -and willing to mix and match itineraries. I understand the tour will be just our family in a van, so we will have more flexibility that way. I do know they only take cash, not credit cards, as payment.

We return the end of March so will post information then - hope it's not too late:)

We are booked to go with A&E in March - we also have been looking for past comments - but so far have not heard from anyone.

However, we have been in email contact with the company and they certainly seem very efficient from their emails -and willing to mix and match itineraries. I understand the tour will be just our family in a van, so we will have more flexibility that way. I do know they only take cash, not credit cards, as payment.

We return the end of March so will post information then - hope it's not too late:)

That would be WONDERFUL! My cruise doesn't depart til April 16th so I have time, I will email them and get the ball rolling at least, seems like they cover just about everything I am interested in seeing and the prices sure are reasonable. Thanks for the info and I appreciate your feedback when you return.

• 1 month later...

hi

just got back yesterday and we had a great time in Grenada with A&E tours- we were met off the boat at 7.40 am and back to the dock for 1.30 pm, paid $20 per person. We toured the town of St Georges, up into the mountains, stopped at a little spice producer, had a talk about the spices and how they are processed - no pressure to purchase (we did, but things started at $2, so no problem), also nice clean washrooms here and a gorgeous view. Then to Annandale Falls, where we could take as long as we liked to swim etc. On to Grand Etang where we saw monkeys and walked a little ways, then to a rum producers for tasting(yummy!) - again no purchase pressure and again very good prices starting at $2 per bottle - NB> your bill is done in EC $ so don't go into shock when you see the total!!- then we stopped at a bank (at our request), up to the old fort for pictures and then to Grand Anse beach where we were shown to a table and umbrella and had snacks and cold juice/water waiting for us and we stayed at the beach for approx. 90 mins before heading back to the ship via the Carenege (not sure of the spelling, but the old water front).

We had a 14 seater "bus" just for the 6 of us, and our guide David, the father of the company owner, was wonderful, pointing out to us all the fruit and produce grown on the island, the different types and seasons of each, and how they are all coming back from hurricane damage.

It was an excellent day, and wonderful value. The ship tours also use A&E for their tours, and as well as taxi tours they offer mountain biking - seemed a little hot and much to hilly for me, but each to their own!!

hope it works for you- and tell Agnes (we booked through her) that Jane with the 4 children recommended you.

We also took over some school supplies and left them with Agnes to deliver.

Enjoy!!:)

Thank you so much for reporting back, glad our ship doesn't dock til 9am I would never make something before 8am and certainly not while on vacation! LOL Looking forward to our tour, only 11days for departure! :)

• 3 months later...

Archived