Times for RCI excursions

jaykat

On the day that we will be in St Thomas there will be 6 other cruise ships in port. Also, FOS only docks at 11am. For these reasons I thought it might be simpler to book an excusion thru RCI. I have looked on the website and found the various excursions for St Thomas, but none of them state what time the excursion will leave and return, only how long it is in total (eg 4 hours).

So do I book first and then they will notify me of the time? I prefer that the excursion is straight away so we are not sitting around waiting, and I also prefer the morning to the afternoon eg dont want to leave for an excursion at 1pm.

Anybody have experience with this?

On the day that we will be in St Thomas there will be 6 other cruise ships in port. Also, FOS only docks at 11am. For these reasons I thought it might be simpler to book an excusion thru RCI. I have looked on the website and found the various excursions for St Thomas, but none of them state what time the excursion will leave and return, only how long it is in total (eg 4 hours).

So do I book first and then they will notify me of the time? I prefer that the excursion is straight away so we are not sitting around waiting, and I also prefer the morning to the afternoon eg dont want to leave for an excursion at 1pm.

Anybody have experience with this?

If you actually go through the booking process to book the shore excursions, they will list the available times for each shore excursion for your cruise. Not all excursions are offered on every cruise or at every time - they depend on the itinerary and availability.

If they don't have a time that you want when going through the process and there will be other RCCL or Celebrity ships in port, you can ask on board about booking an excursion that's allocated for one of the other ships in the RCI fleet. You won't find out for sure until the day before, but we did this one time in St. Thomas. We were on Galaxy, and pregnancy limited which excursions I could do. We ended up on an Empress of the Seas excursion, and it worked out great.

Archived