Live from the Legend!

myangel

We are on the Legend now...great cruise so far! Did the Steak House the first night, not to be missed. Our two sons, ages 20 and 22 loved the food, but said it was too romanitc of a place for them.........hubby and I loved it...........not to be missed!!!

The long distance rates on this cruise from our cabin are only .99 CENTS a minute!!! Darn, I have nobody to call since we are all on the ship!! We were supposed to tender in Georgetown, but due to swells, we had to stop on the other side, which means taking a taxi ($40 round trip for the 4 of us) to get there since where we are there is NOTHING. I am a bit bummed, as I haven't been here in 5 years and was really looking forward toit, but do not want to pay $40 to do it. The Platinum gift was not soda coupons, it was that little plastic Fun Ship Freddie thing with the photo holder attached. This ship is really pretty and very easy to get around!

I am doing the Behind the Fun tour on Saturday all by myself, my family is not interested!!! I cannot wait!!!:)

Thanks for taking the time to post while you are on your cruise.

I have a couple questions...........we will be sailing on the 19th!!

There are 11 in our family group going. Does it look like they have any dining table or can arrange any for that large a group?

Do you know if Wee Jimmy or the Matre'd have email we can ask either directly.

Bummer about the GC thing. Does Carnival give any help getting to Georgetown to compensate for the added expense?

Thanks, and have a great cruise.

Lake Powell

Did you get to see the ship go under the bridge? or was it already dark?

I think you should have spent the $40 and just had a good time in GC! :D:D Also interested in know about the Chef's table on the Legend!

I am doing the Behind the Fun tour on Saturday all by myself, my family is not interested!!! I cannot wait!!!:)

I did it on the Fascination last month and the tour was great...

How much is the tour on the Legend?

It was $55pp on the Fascination, but I have read it is $99pp on the Conquest class ships...

We will be on the Legend in September and DW is dying to do the tour this time.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Bill

Legend does have chefs dinner? I did not know it did.... duh did you make your reservations through John heald? If not John how did you make reservations, I just want to make sure that I get our reservation in, even if I have to go through the back door and do it.

thanks

I made my reservations through John's blog. There were instructions on the board a few months ago. You can search and probably still find it. It was very simple process and I got a confirmation from the ship within a few days.

Hi! My children........... have gone overboard on the internet minutes, so I will post more when we get home. The behind the fun tour is $95. Wedid go to Georgetown, but just me and my 20 year old son.My Husband and 22 year old did not want tog o anyway (been there before) so it worked out great. I am not sure how much the Chef's table was, I onlw say someone right when we boarded advertising it. The service in the bar lobby was and still is really good, considerin g it is quite popular. Today we are doing the popular VIktor Bodden thing, and I am so excited!!! :)

Thanks for taking the time to post while you are on your cruise.

I have a couple questions...........we will be sailing on the 19th!!

There are 11 in our family group going. Does it look like they have any dining table or can arrange any for that large a group?

Do you know if Wee Jimmy or the Matre'd have email we can ask either directly.

Bummer about the GC thing. Does Carnival give any help getting to Georgetown to compensate for the added expense?

Thanks, and have a great cruise.

Lake Powell

We cruise every year with between 11 and 15 of us. WE have always sat together at 1 table with NO problems.

Our last day is today.................... very sad, I always get depressed when it is over, but to help me thru it i plan another!! I am going on the behind the fun tour in about 30 minutes, for those of you who are wondering it is $95. I can't wait for that. I found out the Chef's table was Thursday night, and the cost is $150 per couple, so I am assuming it is $75 per single. If Thomas Brown is here in the comedy club.......he is NOT to be missed. Both the PG and the R rated shows were so so funny!! You can check him out at thomasbrown.com. Buttercup ( I think he might be the asst CD got on my nerves after awhile......... a bit too much............ Wee Jimmy is fantastic. His afternoon shows on TV are pretty funny.

This is my 10th cruise on Carnival and my 7th Carnival ship,(Jubilee, Paradise, Holiday, Glory, Fantasy, Facination) and I have to say, the Legend is my favorite!! I just love the way it is decorated and the layout is so easy! I will post more thoughts when I get home, I am not a good at "writing" so I will just post my thoughts and observations, and any answers anyone has. I do have to say that I did not like Mahogany Bay at all............. I will write all about that when I get home. I absolutely LOVED Viktor Bodden Tours tho. They are a top notch business and our tour guide David was the best. I have to bring my kleenex to tonight's dinner I always start crying when they sing THAT song, and my hubby and kids get embarrassed and start laughing at me! I will post more after I get home.

Archived