Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocom?

newmomtexas

It will be our first cruise trip for the family. With seniors and a toddler (3.5-years-old), which one, Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocom, should we choose to spend the day in Cozumel?

I guess a 3.5-years-old is too young to play "water toys". We are not into drinking or shopping. We love to see beautiful scenary, take pictures with our new SLR camera, and relax in the beach. My husband and I may snorkel when the grandparents babysit our son.

So which one is a better choice? Any other recommendations in addition to Paradise or Nachi Cocom are also appreciated!

Thank you!

PB and Nachi are two completely different animals. Paradise is great for the younger crowd. Don't get me wrong I'm nearly sixty and I love it, but the water toys are a big hit with the youngsters. (I climbed the iceberg:D). This beach draws alot of people but even with 7 or more ships in port the management takes care of you. The food, drink and service is good.

Nachi is a more laidback atmosphere. A great place to relax and unwind and since they only take 100 people you have less distractions and "Grade A" service.

I would pick Nachi this time and go to PB when the youngin is bigger.

I've never been to Nachi (we're going on our next cruise though) but we've been to PB. I would suggest Nachi too. PB has water toys but they're definitely for older kids, say, 8 and over. I believe Nachi also has a swimming pool and PB doesn't. Plus, the food is al a carte at PB and can get pretty expensive. At Nachi for $49/person you get a four course meal plus drinks. I believe there is a child's price because, obviously, kids aren't going to eat as much or drink alcohol.;)

Thanks to both of you! It is really ture that a 3.5 years old is too young to play these toys in PB. So between these two, I will take your suggestion and go with Nachi. Is there anyone know what activties Nachi has? What do people usually do when they get to the beach?

Thanks to both of you! It is really ture that a 3.5 years old is too young to play these toys in PB. So between these two, I will take your suggestion and go with Nachi. Is there anyone know what activties Nachi has? What do people usually do when they get to the beach?

Unfortunately many people just sit there and drink themselves into oblivion at the beach. Others eat, drink responsibly, swim, snorkle, read or have a massage. Nachi is a usually a quiet place. I you want more activities look at Mr. Sanchos.

Is there any nice beach with no entrance fee? Thanks!

None of the beaches have entrance fees that I know of in Cozumel. Since they do provide umbrellas/palapas, chairs and tables to sit at, however, they expect you to order food and drink to cover for their cost.

I have seen a waiter tell some tourists that it would be $8 a day per person if they wanted to just sit there...that was way back in 2004 or 2005. The party denied purchasing any food or drink and was quite articulate about not wanting to be bothered by the waiter but were using the chairs thinking they didn't belong to anyone.

Nachi is an all inclusive and they do not take more than 100 a day so you should reserve. The food is very good and the drinks are plentiful. I enjoyed their white wine, bottled water, hot sauce (pico de gallo) nachos and pork ribs while my DH had pan fried grouper and guacamole with his frozen margaritas. They will serve you on the beach. Waiters expect a tip and had a rather subtle way of letting us know this, unusual for Mexico.

Between PB and Nachi, or any other in this immediate area, (Sanchos, San Francisco) there is no doubt: Nachi Cocom it should be. Paradise beach is very crowded with chairs lined up side by side with no place to move in between each. I really enjoyed the manager there and had the hair braided but it gets very crowded early in the day.

Unless you actually buy a snorkeling excursion and ride to a reef on a boat, I wouldn't get my hopes up about seeing any fish. There are no reefs on that beach therefore no fish. I did see a couple of very small ones around a rock about 20 feet out at Nachi last week when I was swimming with goggles on. DH did try the snorkeling and it was poor.

You can lease a mat to float on for $7. Parasailing is something they also offer, seaskis too.

Beware when you swim, I witnessed two girls speed through the swimmers' area (inside the cordoned off area with the small ball looking buoys in the sea ski they rented and the manangement was so concerned that they went and brought them back to shore...after the fact.

The gal said, "I didn't know"! This really upset us since we are swimmers and like to use that area to swim and could have been hit by their seaskis.

Check my thread out on this forum about taxis in Cozumel if you don't want to spend a lot of time riding around from one resort to another!

Have fun and enjoy the beautiful water and beach whatever you decide to do!

Archived