Another - Different - Bon Voyage Liquor Question

bankerbabe

We have purchased several bottles of liquor for our cabin on our March cruise.

I'm trying to figure out what we are going to do in each port, and I was thinking that in Grand Cayman we will head over to Seven Mile Beach for a relaxing day in the surf and sand.

Could I take my Bon Voyage liquor with me? I'm thinking we could pack a few pre-mixed somethings in our beach bags to lessen our bar tabs a little. We'd still buy a few drinks, but everything in Grand Cayman is SO expensive that we'd like to do what we can to save a little money.

The shops in Cayman won't let you take liquor with you; they send any liquor you buy back to the ship.

We've taken liquor purchased through BV off the ship in rum runners; there's always some left and the scanners coming back on the ship don't pick them up.

When we were in Grand Cayman we purchased liquor and they sent it directly to the ship. For some reason you can't carry it on yourself. All purchases must be made a couple of hours before you leave GC so they will have time to deliver it to the ship.

If you want to carry some of your BV liquor into port, I would suggest something like the plastic rum runners.

Happy Cruising

The shops in Cayman won't let you take liquor with you; they send any liquor you buy back to the ship.

We've taken liquor purchased through BV off the ship in rum runners; there's always some left and the scanners coming back on the ship don't pick them up.

You are soooo wrong. Buy your alchohol and take it with. The store has no idea weather you are on a cruise or at a hotel/condo.

I've been in the Cayman's 4 times and always get my favorite rum (Havana Club) and taken it with me.

You are soooo wrong. Buy your alchohol and take it with. The store has no idea weather you are on a cruise or at a hotel/condo.

I've been in the Cayman's 4 times and always get my favorite rum (Havana Club) and taken it with me.

Hmmmm. That's strange. When we were there in October they wouldn't let us take it. Maybe it's because they already knew we were on a ship. Or maybe it was only tax/duty free if they sent it directly to the ship. Looks like I'm gonna have to take a trip to the caymans to find out. :)

Archived